No more Nickelodeon

mjsshipboy

NCL will be ending their agreement with Nickelodeon within the next year. I've no info on dates etc. but I know the contract has not been renewed. I don't know if this is by the choice of Norwegian or Nickelodeon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you know this how?

What exactly is your source?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will be watching. Our son (5) loved meeting Spongebob and all the Nick activities we attended. This was a highlight for him... Along with Jello every night. LOL!

I was surprised as we don't watch Nickelodeon.

If the rumor is true, I hope there is a replacement. This could be an improvement (IMHO). How about cruising with Snoopy?

We booked our first NCL cruise on the Jewel because that was the only Nickelodeon ship at that time. DD was 3 yrs old and had an amazing time! The look on her face when she saw SpongeBob was priceless! The Nickelodeon activities were definitely a big draw for us.

Doesn't matter to us anymore since DD is already 7, she thinks she's too big for meet and greets. But I know little kids and their parents aren't going to be happy.

I wonder what are they going to do with the Nickelodeon themed mini golf on the Escape? The splash areas on the Breakaway and Getaway are also Nickelodeon themed...

Maybe NCL is going to try to attract families with the same intensity as the more upscale cruise lines like Crystal or Oceania. Maybe they are trying to discourage families?

This, sadly, wouldn't surprise me...

I have no problem with this at all. On the Jewel in 2011, we went to a couple of the Nickelodeon family activities and my son even got picked to participate, and they were a lot of fun to watch as well. But, it didn't make the cruise what it was. And the boys loved the kids club regardless. 2 years later we went on the Carnival Splendor and the boys went to Camp Carnival every day, no trademarked characters or activities onboard, and they had a blast. As long as NCL continues to have their terrific kids clubs with enjoyable activities, my kids will be happy. I do however, understand those who have been telling their kids about Nickelodeon being on the cruise and then the kids will be very upset not to see any of that, IF this is true.

Character licensing can be expensive, so I can see this happening as a cost reduction method, however, until there is at least a source provided for solid information, this is just hearsay posted by ONE person. Take it with a grain of salt for now.

We went on the Jewel in 2011 when the Nickelodeon at Sea was offered on the Jewel and my daughter, who was 5 at the time, enjoyed it. We enjoyed the Nick themed shows, art and crafts, activities, dance parties and the meet and greets. We met several characters, Dora, Diego, Sponge Bob & Patrick, Fairly Odd Parents and a few other characters, can't recall their names. I think it was great. We are going on the Breakaway this October and again the Nick theme is on the ship. My daughter is a little excited but what I think Nick/NCL should do it have it geared towards the older kids who watch shows on Nick with actual humans and not cartoon characters. I know NCL and Nickelodeon used to prompt the Nickelodeon All Access Cruise aboard the Epic and it had characters from iCarly and Victorious on board. Kids were able to hang out with them. What ever happened to that? I would love it if they could do that aboard some of the NCL ships! Wishful thinking...I kow! ;)

Even if this turns out to be correct. IMHO, NCL did a half a@s job with it anyway. Only one character meet n greet. Just a couple of nickelodeon tv shows on a loop for the week.

So, that's my 5cent worth of complaining.

Even if this turns out to be correct. IMHO, NCL did a half a@s job with it anyway. Only one character meet n greet. Just a couple of nickelodeon tv shows on a loop for the week.

So, that's my 5cent worth of complaining.

Coming from the entertainment business and having worked with both Nickelodeon and Sesame Street, it is their decision as to what they and their characters will do. They have strict contracts. Even us, being the record company they were on, could only ask if they would do things, because in the end it was always their decision what they would and wouldn't do.

Viacom accounced a restructuring, I'm sure that will impact Nic properties. It's just as likely they pulled to try to find a better revenue source or until they decide what to keep going forward.

http://www.businessinsider.com/viacom-restructuring-2015-4

And I'm sure the "live" characters were a hit when they were on the air, but the kids from icarly and Victorious are in their 20s now, they're no longer kids.

Viacom accounced a restructuring, I'm sure that will impact Nic properties. It's just as likely they pulled to try to find a better revenue source or until they decide what to keep going forward.

http://www.businessinsider.com/viacom-restructuring-2015-4

And I'm sure the "live" characters were a hit when they were on the air, but the kids from icarly and Victorious are in their 20s now, they're no longer kids.

I get that they are no longer kids. I was just using that as an example. There are plenty of new shows on Nick with actors ranging from 8-18.

One employee??????... I'd wait a while before I started an uproar... or did you post it here for that purpose...

I wait til USA Today or Daily Mail posts about before panicking - So for neither has. (Both seem to be cruise lines 1st choice to report news follow by Cruise Critic)

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Maybe NCL is going to try to attract families with the same intensity as the more upscale cruise lines like Crystal or Oceania. Maybe they are trying to discourage families?

Wouldn't discourage us. Some families don't need characters and and endless offering of entertainment for a good time. We took our 5 y/o on his first cruise last weekend. We were on the Sky, so there weren't character meet and greets or anything and he perfectly excited the entire trip. He enjoyed the pool that had no theme (gasp), the dancing that didn't involve Kids Bop-styled tunes, and the show that involved no cartoons. He did get a Nickelodeon placemat to color on at dinner, but I think I colored more than he did. ;)

Wouldn't discourage us. Some families don't need characters and and endless offering of entertainment for a good time. We took our 5 y/o on his first cruise last weekend. We were on the Sky, so there weren't character meet and greets or anything and he perfectly excited the entire trip. He enjoyed the pool that had no theme (gasp), the dancing that didn't involve Kids Bop-styled tunes, and the show that involved no cartoons. He did get a Nickelodeon placemat to color on at dinner, but I think I colored more than he did. ;)

I'm with you! After going on the Jewel in 2011 and having nickelodeon activities, the next cruise in 2013 we went on the Carnival Splendor and the boys had a blast without any specific theming geared towards characters. They just enjoyed the fun activities they did, and they met some nice kids they played with all week in the camp.

I told my kids already that there may or may not be nickelodeon themed activities on this ship and they didn't care either way. We are going for the cruise itself, not for certain characters or theming related to characters.

I also think it's extremely premature for people to speculate that NCL is trying to discourage families from cruising with them, or trying to cater to families more inclined to cruise lines like Crystal or Oceania. Let's give all of this some time before we complain about things that aren't even happening yet or may not happen at all.

Del Rio must have thought it was too cheap..

Going to be relaunched as dollarodeon. :D

The only comment funnier than this in the last week (and let's face it, lots of people have been making lots of comments) is from the people who have cancelled cruises with NCL because if it :D

What is it all the kool-kids say these days... #FirstWorldProblems

• 2 months later...
I wait til USA Today or Daily Mail posts about before panicking - So for neither has. (Both seem to be cruise lines 1st choice to report news follow by Cruise Critic)

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

http://cruisefever.net/0701-norwegian-cruise-line-parts-ways-with-nickelodeon/

And here's your confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk