Istanbul to Dubai October 2015

lovetocruise16

This is the wrong place to ask your question. You MIGHT find someone here who is booked, but it isn't likely.

Better results will be found by going to your roll call for this cruise. Look up at the top left. You'll see a link to "Oceania Roll Call Forums". From there you can find the roll call for this cruise.

We don't know your itinerary off hand so we can't really give you advice.

Mura

P.S. I just checked at the website. It looks like there is availability in ALL categories, except for the two cheapest levels ... which are on "guaranty".

Edited by Mura

It looks like an interesting itinerary but given situations in Israel and Egypt (and maybe even Jordan), I can see why some would be hesitant ... especially with so much cabin availability.

Mura

Thanks for the prompt responses. I have checked to see about the roll call for this cruise and there is none. Hence my inquiry in this forum. And yes, the instability in the area is our prime concern. Oceania has the options of cancelling and rescheduling many of these questionable ports, especially Haifa, so we were wondering if others who have booked this cruise have similar concerns. We realize that many of the booking categories for this cruise are wide open, another indicator (?) that cruisers may be concerned about the safety of this cruise through these waters.

My sister and I are going on this cruise. I can't wait for the 3 days in Haifa, and she is very excited to see Petra. I will be very disappointed if they don't go to these places, but I understand they would only do it if necessary. These are the 2 ports for which we chose this cruise.

Hi - as previously pointed out there is now a roll call for this ship and we'll be checking that out regularly from now on.

We (four of us from New Zealand) are also on this trip and are hopeful that there won't be any issues with the ports of call but of course you just can't tell, especially in that part of the world.

However if you waited till things have settled down, you may find yourself waiting an awfully long time. So we plan to go with an optimistic outlook and an open mind, hoping that we get to see all of the sites without incident or disruption.

It'll be fine.......!

Wayne

I would love to do that cruise; but I couldn't get my wife to go. She is much more cautious then me. At our age, I don't think we can live long enough for there never to be some concerns about that area. Plus, I would hate to do that trip and miss out on the main ports I booked it for.

We did a version of this cruise two years ago (Barcelona to Dubai). It was amazing. At that time the troubles in Egypt kept us from docking there, but it afforded us an additional day in Haifa and in Jordan. I was very sad to lose Egypt, but the additional day in Israel was amazing, and political/military conditions in the region were really no different then than now, with the exception the Somali pirates were more active than they apparently are currently (we took armed guards aboard in Haifa and the crew was on watch too, just in case). We saw armed military in several areas, but were told that is usual. We had no problems at all and enjoyed an amazing number of historic and religious sites in Israel, all on private tours.

The two days in Jordan allowed us to do a long private trip to Petra and Wadi Rum the first day, arriving back at the ship at around 8 P.M. What a day!!! The photos one typically sees of Petra are really just a teaser for the entire site. It is an enormous site and I would love to return one day to experience it fully.

Yes, we did have some concerns before we left, and the ship sailed less than full, but we had no troubles anywhere, nor did we feel in danger anywhere. The people we met aboard were amazing, people in all the ports were welcoming and hospitable, the tour operators were highly conscious of safety for their patrons, and it was truly a trip-of-a-lifetime.

Only you can make a decision if this is the cruise for you. But I agree that it is not likely politics in the region will change any time soon to make it as safe as a Caribbean cruise. But, oh my, the benefits available to you if you decide to take that plunge!!!

Whatever your decision, happy cruising!

Edited by TKS