Majesty Bahamas 4 Day Cruise

JHCB

Getting ready to go on the 4-day cruise our of Miami on Majesty. I am curious about Customs. Usually, a US Port is the last day of the cruise and you go through customs during your final disembarkation. On the Bahamas Cruise, we go to Bahamas first and then to Key West, FL before returning to Miami. I am curious when do you go through customs; in Miami or during the port day in Key West?

Thanks!

Getting ready to go on the 4-day cruise our of Miami on Majesty. I am curious about Customs. Usually, a US Port is the last day of the cruise and you go through customs during your final disembarkation. On the Bahamas Cruise, we go to Bahamas first and then to Key West, FL before returning to Miami. I am curious when do you go through customs; in Miami or during the port day in Key West?

Thanks!

Just off Majesty on Friday.

We went through customs Thursday in Key West, sort of. Customs was in main dining room and looked at passport and seapass, then off ship.

Friday morning customs looked at passport and took the immigration form.

I say we went through twice but was really no problem.

Offroad is indeed correct. They say that you go thru customs in Key West and don't do it in MIA. You do the same thing in MIA, maybe with ICE, but it's the same drill. Don't expect to save anytime in MIA disembarking just because you walked thru the dining room in Key West. Been there, done that, several times.

Rick and Deirdra

ICE does not clear passengers. ICE is the investigative arm of DHS. CBP, specifically CBP field operation officers clear passengers.

What is the usual time passengers can leave the ship in Miami (final debarkation)? I am trying to schedule a car service at the Port. We are new diamond members. I hear there is an expedited process, but have not tested it. Probably, it does not help. Thanks!