Don't trust Carnival personal vacation planners

avw@sea

Booked on Carnival and when they sent me an email announcing 12 hour sale ... I emailed my personal vacation planner as he instructed asking for the discount. He didn't respond so when I called I had missed the sale and they will not honour it. Advice ... always call, or of course don't cruise with Carnival.

Was there actually a price drop? Did you actually check the price of your cruise, or just go off the email of the 12 hour sale? Sales are really more marketing, there aren't always a lot of deals to be had. Sometimes the price is the same before the sale as they are during. Same thing with airline sales. Sometimes only a few sailings are on sale.

As the PP indicated, best to fill out the price protection form and take screen shots.

Why say do not trust the vacation planners - I have used the same one for ten years and have not had an issue

Do you know for certain that there was a price drop, did you ask why he did not email you back, why wouldn't you have called if you knew it was only a twelve hour sale

It is also possible that the PVP wasn't working when they were emailed. 12 hours isn't a long time and I would think they do get some days off.

Exactly!! You could have called the main number at any time and simply spoken to someone. This sounds like your fault and you're trying to blame Carnival. Sorry but everyone gets a day off and you have no clue why they didn't call you right away. You had other options and didn't use them, your loss.

Sales?? I haven't seen any true sales for Carnival, not from Charleston anyway. I keep a close eye on prices. The "sale" prices are no better than the "before the sale" prices, LOL! I guess it is a gimmick so people think they are getting a better deal. :(

Sales?? I haven't seen any true sales for Carnival, not from Charleston anyway. I keep a close eye on prices. The "sale" prices are no better than the "before the sale" prices, LOL! I guess it is a gimmick so people think they are getting a better deal. :(

I get those e-mails from Carnival and NCL almost daily. Recently I just delete them as there is nothing special, like you said pricing no better than the before the sale prices.

Thanks for the advice. Next time I get some sale e-mail I won't check prices but just e-mail my PVP and expect them to do my job by price checking and then when they don't respond quick enough, blame them and Carnival because I am too lazy to do my own work and fill out the proper forms or call. Got it! :rolleyes:

Got a price reduction myself yesterday. I used the website to price match and then I filled out the form and submitted it and called my PVP and LM. He called me back and put in the reduction. Pretty easy, try it sometime.

I had an experience very recently where my pvp was on vacation and i simply called 1 of the others from the main carnival line and got my pricedrop right away..

My PVP will give me the number of another PVP to call when he is out of the office that will be covering for him.

Thanks for the advice. Next time I get some sale e-mail I won't check prices but just e-mail my PVP and expect them to do my job by price checking and then when they don't respond quick enough, blame them and Carnival because I am too lazy to do my own work and fill out the proper forms or call. Got it! :rolleyes:

Got a price reduction myself yesterday. I used the website to price match and then I filled out the form and submitted it and called my PVP and LM. He called me back and put in the reduction. Pretty easy, try it sometime.

ROTLMBO! Truth!

Booked on Carnival and when they sent me an email announcing 12 hour sale ... I emailed my personal vacation planner as he instructed asking for the discount. He didn't respond so when I called I had missed the sale and they will not honour it. Advice ... always call, or of course don't cruise with Carnival.

So why don't you check prices when there isn't a 12 hour sale? By the time that e mail got to you, there would not have been 12 hours left anyway. The most logical thing to do is make that call to a person, not sit and wait for an e mail.

Have you booked again with Swan Hellenic?

Same here. My PVP will give me the number of a different PVP when she's out of the office. I'd been "shopping" for a cruise for about three months and dealing with my PVP the entire time. When I was finally able to book, I called and got the voicemail of my PVP who was out of the office. However she left the name and number of a PVP who was "covering for her" that day. Rather than chance a price increase, I called and talked to the other PVP, booked the cruise, put down the deposit, etc.

The next day my PVP called me back and thanked me for booking and just wanted to reassure me that everything was done correctly.

I hope my PVP never leaves Carnival. She's the best.