DUBAI hotel location and suggestion

cruisegirl1

Also our cruise will docked in Abu Dhabi during F1 Grand Prix, will getting a taxi in Abu Dhabi be a problem during Grand Prix weekend?

Can't speak for the situation in Abu Dhabi, but we disembarked in Monte Carlo the day before the Grand Prix. It was a real mess getting out of there. Highly recommend that you make secure arrangements in advance and not trust a taxi service. We used our cruise line to transfer us the airport, and were very happy that we did.

Good luck!

thank you Lilybob for this very helpful information.

We will be in Abu Dhabi /Dubai first time in November. X cruise ends in Abu Dhabi and does not offer a transfer service to Dubai as of now. I have been trying to find a transfer service from Abu Dhabi to Dubai Hotel (Hyatt Regency). So far I can only find Gray line Dubai with so so reviews and a couple on line booking services . Can you suggest any company that I can book with directly or should I just use Dubai taxi?

Also our cruise will docked in Abu Dhabi during F1 Grand Prix, will getting a taxi in Abu Dhabi be a problem during Grand Prix weekend?

thanks

It is common to book taxis from Abu Dhabi to Dubai and vice versa. I believe you would need to book an Abu Dhabi taxi to take you to Dubai as I don't think a Dubai taxi can pick you up in Abu Dhabi for a return trip to Dubai. Uber and Careem have sporadically provided service in the region. There has been a dispute over fares etc so if they were a consideration be sure to check closer to when you will be there.

http://mail.nationaltaxi.ae/web/auh/

I would take notjaded's advice about making arrangements beforehand if the Grand Prix will be going on while you are there as it will be difficult to just flag down a taxi because of the demand.....

Notjaded - thank you for the advise. it is good to know in advance. I can just imagine how crowded it will be in the city.

Lilybob - thank you for the info on Abu Dhabi taxi. Will look into it for transfer from ship to Dubai.

Our ship will dock late afternoon Nov 26 which is the second day of Grand prix, we are planning to go to the Grand Mosque by taxi next day (Sunday) so if we can't pre-book a taxi maybe it's better to book a tour. We have a whole day in Abu Dhabi then disembark next day. Will take a look when we are closer to the date.

thanks