Muster Station and Overhang Balconies - Deck A

Valentine1925

Hi All

A quick question to those of you who have sailed on Britannia. Where is the muster station for deck A (middle to aft). May sound like a silly question but when we sailed on Ventura, our muster was so far away from the upper decks that we missed sailaway and we were gutted. I want to plan our getaway from muster, back to our cabin and onto a good vantage point. :D

Also, has anyone stayed on deck A in one of the overhang balconies. I booked our cabin because my husband moans if the sun is too hot but is now having a little moan as he thinks we will get no sun at all (I cant win):rolleyes: Has anyone stayed in one of these overhang balconies and can give me their experience.

Many thanks

Susan

Re the overhang on A deck cabins we looked at one on Royal Princess (Britannia's elder sister ship). I personally didn't like it particularly as the balconies were so small (depth wise). I reckon when the sun is high you will be completely in the shade and on gloomy days the cabin may seem quite dim.

I can see the A deck cabins being the first to go when "upgrades" are made available. I personally wouldn't see it as an upgrade unless I'd booked an inside cabin.

The other matter to bear in mind is the possible noise from the buffet area right above those A deck cabins.

Hi Esprit

Thank you for the advise, especially as this is only our 4th cruise. However, I knowingly booked this deck (even though I could have had my pick) as we wanted to be close to the Lido Deck and had worked out that being in this particular location, we would try to use the stairs on aft (no lifts for us) and this would be our exercise for the duration of our cruise. Our cabin is towards the end of the Horizon Restaurant and we may hear some noise but as we are early risers / late to bed, we cannot see that this would be a problem for us. We cruised on Ocean Countess five years ago, right next to the engine room and were amazed at how soon we just got used to the constant noise, in fact when we got home I could not sleep due to the deathly quiet :eek:

Many thanks for your comments.

Susan