Aft Cabins

Alan & Giselle

We booked our first aft balcony on Azura this winter; from memory I think it was B749. We loved it. The balcony was slighter larger than usual as it curved around the stern. Also as it was the last cabin along the corridor, there was no footflow of any other passengers. We almost felt like we had the ship to ourselves as it was so quiet in the corridor approach. We would book that cabin again in a heartbeat.

That's great to know as we have cabin B749 booked for our Baltic cruise on the Azura in June and any information on it will be gratefully received! Do you have any photos of the cabin that you could put up here? We love relaxing on our balcony on sea days and as we have 4 of them on this cruise, we hope that our aft cabin will prove to be a fantastic haven away from the crowds. Well you can't get any further away from them without dangling of the stern into the sea, that's for sure!

We had C749, one of the aft suites in the middle, so no obstruction. I would thoroughly recommend that one.

Hi Gill

We will be in A750 on Ventura from 6 May. As you know, we also like the stern. This will be our first P & O trip so fingers crossed!

Stewart

24th May and 24th October.:cool:

Ours will be a distant memory by then. However, we do have a fourteen nighter on Cunard QV mid November when we'll have 8165 at the stern (again).

When on board Ventura, remember to speak to Fiona, our daughter, who is the principal female Headliner singer. Just tell her you were in contact with her daddy. She actually gets lonely on board, so likes a good waffle.

Stewart

Ours will be a distant memory by then. However, we do have a fourteen nighter on Cunard QV mid November when we'll have 8165 at the stern (again).

When on board Ventura, remember to speak to Fiona, our daughter, who is the principal female Headliner singer. Just tell her you were in contact with her daddy. She actually gets lonely on board, so likes a good waffle.

Stewart

Aww will do Stewart. I am a scot myself so she will feel at home.;)

Hi Gill

We will be in A750 on Ventura from 6 May. As you know, we also like the stern. This will be our first P & O trip so fingers crossed!

Stewart

Hi Stewart

Hoping you have a great time - it will be lvely for you both to hook up with your daughter. We are looking forward to going on Britannia later in May, we have F730, but most of all looking forward to QV in November :D

Gill x

Edited by cruiseluvva

Yikes! This has given me a right chuckle this morning!! Not laughing at your poor misfortune, but with relief at our own good fortune! I guess nobody considers the 'history' that a cabin has experienced before they arrive. I would still book that cabin again though.

And me! It really didn't bother us. It was dealt with quicky and efficiently and they were very apologetic. But we're not one of the P&O moaners and it doesn't sound like you are either :D

Booked B748 today for a back to back next year on Azura. Canaries first then Fjords expecting great views and sunsets. Very excited

Lucky you. Look out for the dolphins following the ship as you go through the BoB.:) And you will have amazing views from your balcony out over the fjords.

Edited by tartanexile81

I'm going to be in C637 Ventura balcony cabin which is towards the aft of the ship. I'll be doing a full review when I go on my cruise in 2.5 weeks so I'll tell you when I get back.

As I understand it the aft is better if you're in rough seas although I'm not sure how rough the seas have to be to feel them on Ventura

This thread is about the cabins right at the very back. On Azura and Ventura (and other ships) there is a line of cabins at the very back overlooking the ship's wake and neither a port nor starboard cabin. Sounds like your cabin is one close to the aft so will either be on port or starboard, but will still have a fab balcony. P&O has a price category for aft cabins which includes those in the long corridor and the ones at the very back as well

That's great to know as we have cabin B749 booked for our Baltic cruise on the Azura in June and any information on it will be gratefully received! Do you have any photos of the cabin that you could put up here? We love relaxing on our balcony on sea days and as we have 4 of them on this cruise, we hope that our aft cabin will prove to be a fantastic haven away from the crowds. Well you can't get any further away from them without dangling of the stern into the sea, that's for sure!

We had B749 in October/November for our Caribbean cruise - lovely cabin ... ive secretly booked it again for our cruise in September :-) shhh don't tell my husband ;)

This thread is about the cabins right at the very back. On Azura and Ventura (and other ships) there is a line of cabins at the very back overlooking the ship's wake and neither a port nor starboard cabin. Sounds like your cabin is one close to the aft so will either be on port or starboard, but will still have a fab balcony. P&O has a price category for aft cabins which includes those in the long corridor and the ones at the very back as well

ah right. Yeah we're on starboard side, looking forward to it! Only a week to go

Mmmm, photos? Yes. Right. Bit of a techno-eegit, I'm afraid. Would appreciate some assistance with this. My pics are saved on my PC; what should I do next?

Mmmm, photos? Yes. Right. Bit of a techno-eegit, I'm afraid. Would appreciate some assistance with this. My pics are saved on my PC; what should I do next?

open a photo account like photobucket, then upload photos, and there is an option to get the IMG code for the picture. Then copy and paste it in a post on here.

Hi first time on this forum. We have just booked an aft cabin on Azura C752 because a lot of reviews say it is quiet at the back. However we have found out our cabin is next to a crew staircase. Has anyone stayed in this cabin and if so have you experienced any noise from the staircase either by the crew using it or the door banging. The reason I am asking is because we were on the Ventura last year in the middle of the ship and it was very noisy with door slammers and we are looking for a quiet cabin this time. Any advice would be welcome.

Hi first time on this forum. We have just booked an aft cabin on Azura C752 because a lot of reviews say it is quiet at the back. However we have found out our cabin is next to a crew staircase. Has anyone stayed in this cabin and if so have you experienced any noise from the staircase either by the crew using it or the door banging. The reason I am asking is because we were on the Ventura last year in the middle of the ship and it was very noisy with door slammers and we are looking for a quiet cabin this time. Any advice would be welcome.

Has someone told you it's a crew staircase? I know there are crew stairs on Oceana as we were next to them but didn't hear any noise. We have B756 so I wonder if will will be next to it also.