Aft Cabins

Alan & Giselle

Hi yes P & O confirmed that there is a crew staircase and it affects all the decks as it goes from the top to the bottom. The reason I knew about it was because I saw this information on a review and I queried it. However no one has reported any noise issues so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Never had any problems with noise from these staircases - there's one each side. D736 was right next to the stairs and I too was worried after reading reports of door slamming that opened to these stairs but heard nothing - you'll have a lovely time aft :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
Yikes! This has given me a right chuckle this morning!! Not laughing at your poor misfortune, but with relief at our own good fortune! I guess nobody considers the 'history' that a cabin has experienced before they arrive. I would still book that cabin again though.

I've only just seen your replies....We've booked this cabin again for our cruise in September .......Lol.....hoping for better luck this time :-/

I recall a comment on this site, someone complaining about vibration in their aft cabin. However on our first Ventura cruise we had dinner in the White room one evening, which is high at the back of ship. We could definitely feel a vibration and we commented to each other we wouldn't fancy a cabin at the back, if that was the case.

Because of that we now tick the box for no upgrade, as we wouldn't want to be upgraded to an aft cabin. So are our fears unfounded?

We've had two aft cabins on the Azura and enjoyed them both.

We love aft cabins and they are our first choice. We have had an aft cabin on the Azura (twice), Britannia and on our next cruise in a few weeks time we have an aft cabin on the Arcadia.

I recall a comment on this site, someone complaining about vibration in their aft cabin. However on our first Ventura cruise we had dinner in the White room one evening, which is high at the back of ship. We could definitely feel a vibration and we commented to each other we wouldn't fancy a cabin at the back, if that was the case.

Because of that we now tick the box for no upgrade, as we wouldn't want to be upgraded to an aft cabin. So are our fears unfounded?

I was in the last cabin on the port side of the Ventura and there was absolutely no vibration when at sea. There was mild vibration when manoeuvering in Port.

As for noise on the crew staircase - there was some on the Ventura (which is similar to the Azura) with a sliding doors slamming against the partition wall but not regularly or enough to disturb me. The cabin was so good with a double sized balcony I've booked it for a Canaries cruise next year.

Personally, I would never choose an aft cabin on any ship, firstly vibration and secondly in a rough sea, you are in the worst place possible, but just my choice. Midships or just forward of there is my choice.

Personally, I would never choose an aft cabin on any ship, firstly vibration and secondly in a rough sea, you are in the worst place possible, but just my choice. Midships or just forward of there is my choice.

Surely the worst place in rough seas would be forward?

I was in the last cabin on the port side of the Ventura and there was absolutely no vibration when at sea. There was mild vibration when manoeuvering in Port.

As for noise on the crew staircase - there was some on the Ventura (which is similar to the Azura) with a sliding doors slamming against the partition wall but not regularly or enough to disturb me. The cabin was so good with a double sized balcony I've booked it for a Canaries cruise next year.

Is that E731 or E730 (?)

is that e731 or e730 (?)

D732. The plan of the Ventura doesn't show the curve of the balcony but in effect Cabin D732 has more than a double balcony as it is a normal size balcony but extends rearwards into the curve of the ship. I have a feeling that the balcony above on E deck is not nearly as big. One of the possible downsides of D732 is that you are overlooked by the cabins above as D deck stands out and as a result you get plenty of sun.

Edited by whoops

Surely the worst place in rough seas would be forward?

Depends what kind of sea you are in. If the ship is pitching, then the bow is worse. If it's rolling and yawing, then the aft is worse. That's why I choose midships.

We've been in a suite right at the front....the sea was rough and it was awful....the suite was beautiful though (but it wasn't ours it was our friend's) :-). Mudship balconies are more peaceful as you don't get the noise of the wake but we love the noise and the views are fabulous...roll on September :-)

Depends what kind of sea you are in. If the ship is pitching, then the bow is worse. If it's rolling and yawing, then the aft is worse. That's why I choose midships.

If it's rolling being high up is surely worse?

Yawning (left to right?) then it's a lottery?

Here's hoping for calm seas, great views, interesting ports, excellent sailing companions and an all in fab holiday![emoji41]

Edited by Bryce1962

Hello, I love the aft cabins, it's just such a lovely view, they are more noisy but not in a bad way. We have been in an aft wrap suite on Arcadia and have booked one again, these are particularly good because you get a wrap around balcony so you can see both where you have been and where you are going! These balconies are also big but some are overlooked, you can learn quite a lot by Googling cabins. NauticalMiss mentioned a cabin on Azura, I was in a similar cabin on Ventura B748 it has a nice big balcony and because it was on the end it had a nice open aspect, the big advantage is that it was relatively cheap compared to a suite in a similar location! I hope this helps.

Hello, I love the aft cabins, it's just such a lovely view, they are more noisy but not in a bad way. We have been in an aft wrap suite on Arcadia and have booked one again, these are particularly good because you get a wrap around balcony so you can see both where you have been and where you are going! These balconies are also big but some are overlooked, you can learn quite a lot by Googling cabins. NauticalMiss mentioned a cabin on Azura, I was in a similar cabin on Ventura B748 it has a nice big balcony and because it was on the end it had a nice open aspect, the big advantage is that it was relatively cheap compared to a suite in a similar location! I hope this helps.

[emoji106]🏽

After a while we all find our favourite. I quite like to feel movement in a ship, when on Britannia recently we were fwd but there was virtually no movement and it didn't seem quite right somehow! I love lying in bed being rocked to sleep [emoji42]

That's great to know as we have cabin B749 booked for our Baltic cruise on the Azura in June and any information on it will be gratefully received! Do you have any photos of the cabin that you could put up here? We love relaxing on our balcony on sea days and as we have 4 of them on this cruise, we hope that our aft cabin will prove to be a fantastic haven away from the crowds. Well you can't get any further away from them without dangling of the stern into the sea, that's for sure!

Have you seen this video ? It's from a few years back but gives you a good idea of what to expect .... AZURA B749 :)

Have you seen this video ? It's from a few years back but gives you a good idea of what to expect .... AZURA B749 :)

That is so surreal as we've stayed in that cabin. We absolutely loved it so much we booked the same cabin when we were gong on Ventura afterwards.

Six weeks before we travelled they gave us a so called upgrade, 6 cabins down. :confused: I was so annoyed and was going to complain but in the end I didn't bother and lesson learned about ticking the box and Ventura didn't let us down as cruise and cabin were both fantastic.

When you love aft cabins, something a hit more midship isn't an upgrade as far as I'm concerned.