Istanbul Shopping

Can anyone recommend a couple of places in Istanbul where I might buy reasonable priced good quality scarves? Perhaps in silk or other lightweight material.

Thank you.

We found stores within steps of our hotel, Sirkeci Mansion, and passed more just strolling around the general area between the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Market. Quality varies, but it's easy to discern the better ones.

We stayed at Sari Kanck hotel in Sultanmet.Next door was a lttle shop that had a large selection of scarves. You will find them all over Istanbul.

They come in cotton/silk, wool/sik and all silk . Those are the msott expensive. They all are beatifull. I bought at least five of them , for myself and as gilfts. Have fun finding the ones you want.:)

You will find them all over……. I purchased a bunch in the Grand Bazaar for gifts (husbands secretaries etc) and also purchased a gorgeous wrap pashmina that was hand embroidered with flowers and vines….. for my mother in laws birthday. It was pricey but incredibly beautiful…..

Don't forget to bargain - they expect it and welcome it. Especially if you are buying multiple items. And bargain in Turkish lira if you can - I have found I get a better price that way due to the fact that they don't always give the best exchange rate even though they will take euros, dollars etc…...

Try the Arasta bazaar alongside the Blue mosque for more upscale and local (not made in China) items including lovely ikat scarves in silk or wool, ethnic/tribal jewelry, leatherwork, kelim bags and pillow covers, other linens, etc. They are not as "in your face" as the Grand Bazaar/Spice Bazaar vendors, but also note they do not bargain as readily.