Luggage Tag Question For You All.

RCmommy

I sincerely hope I am not jinxing myself for future lost luggage nightmares.....

Before leaving home, what address do you put on your luggage tags? The hotel you stay at pre-cruise? The ship? (can you even do that?) The cruise ship terminal?

We don't arrive to the evening before and sail the next day so I don't know how much good that would do for us....

Thanks everyone!

I sincerely hope I am not jinxing myself for future lost luggage nightmares.....

Before leaving home, what address do you put on your luggage tags? The hotel you stay at pre-cruise? The ship? (can you even do that?) The cruise ship terminal?

We don't arrive to the evening before and sail the next day so I don't know how much good that would do for us....

Thanks everyone!

Home address and cell phone number.

Work address, cell number and email address.

When visiting familiy overseas I'll have both our info and their info.

I print up business size tags and get them laminated at Staples for about $1.50. Each sheet will laminate 8-10 cards.

In our luggage I'll put a paper with our travel plans.

There are luggage tags that can hold the whole itin

If arriving the night before, put the cruiseship tags on at the hotel.

I have never put my cell phone number or home address on my luggage tags for boarding the ship. Or are we talking about airline luggage tags?

I am pretty sure they are talking about general luggage tags used for flights or bus travel.

For us: our Cell phone # and on additional phone number of family that has our itinerary.

Thanks everyone!

When we travel alone, we put our kids' cell phone numbers on the tags. Should the luggage be separated from us, whoever calls the numbers will get our travel info from our kids. When the kids are with us, we put a trusted friend's phone number.

I read that we should never put home address because there are always going to be people with nefarious intentions. I don't trust every airport worker, taxi driver, hotel concierge, housekeeper, etc.

When flying in the day before, we have our phone # on the luggage tag without a home address.

We also attached the cruiseship luggage tag so they know where it goes it is not on the flight with us. Inside the luggage is also the name of the hotel we are staying at.