cooking demonstration

I have attended at least 3 cooking demonstrations on 3 different ships. They are REALLY fun to do, but I've noticed they are all EXACTLY the same! Same dishes from start to finish. The exact same "menu" as was posted above. Does anyone know if this ever changes?

We have been to 3 of them on three different ships. Yes, it is free. They all featured the same menu as shown above. A great experience, though. Just get there early. They are well attended, and the room fills up fast. Standing room only every time.

That free range chicken thing has a very large piece of chicken in it and it is WONDERFUL--almost couldn't finish it before the next item was distributed. As previously posted, go hungry because you will be full when it is over!

I have attended at least 3 cooking demonstrations on 3 different ships. They are REALLY fun to do, but I've noticed they are all EXACTLY the same! Same dishes from start to finish. The exact same "menu" as was posted above. Does anyone know if this ever changes?

Liberty-2013 was the same menu. That's all I can tell you as far as that goes, but it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe they would change it with the new menu coming out for the American Table?

We have been to the one on the Dream and the Liberty and I don't think the menus were the same. But I could be wrong too. Regardless - wonderful time. Amazing food! And get there EARLY and with your entire party. They were really strict about no seat saving and closing the door when all the seats were taken.

We have been to the cooking demonstrations on a few ships. If only one, that first one posted above is the menu on most ships and is delicious. Enough for a lunch and no need to have lunch elsewhere.

If there is a second one on a longer cruise, the menu is different. The one we went to was completely different than the second one posted above. I did not enjoy it and it was not memorable. So much so that I cannot remember what the dishes were..:p

I try to go to the first one only and not the second one.

Yes, they are listed in the Funtimes for that day with the location and time. Usually in the Steakhouse and around 11:30am

We have been to the cooking demonstrations on a few ships. If only one, that first one posted above is the menu on most ships and is delicious. Enough for a lunch and no need to have lunch elsewhere.

If there is a second one on a longer cruise, the menu is different. The one we went to was completely different than the second one posted above. I did not enjoy it and it was not memorable. So much so that I cannot remember what the dishes were..:p

I try to go to the first one only and not the second one.

Yes, they are listed in the Funtimes for that day with the location and time. Usually in the Steakhouse and around 11:30am

Very cool, thanks Mary.

Edited by eponym

I wish they would change the demo. It is too heavy on mushrooms. I don't like mushrooms and I know someone who could only have the Tiramisu because he is allergic to mushrooms.

As others have said, get there early (at least 30 minutes) as there is limited seating.

It's a free demonstration. They serve some samples and provide the recipes. This is from the Miracle.

IMG_4804.jpg

SH_Menu_B.png

SH_Menu_A.png

Looks yummy! I'll have to remember this for our Miracle cruise next month! We loved it on the Magic!

It typically precedes the food and wine pairing so its really great to do them together!

On both our long cruises there have been 2 of both the demo and the pairing. It was almost always at 12pm for 30 minutes.

The menu does change as we saw Beef Bouginion and Lemon cheesecake and another caterer was carving a melon as the other cooked and an entertainment host talks through what the chefs are doing.