Will the Gem be coming back to New York again after being transferred to Puerto Rico

travelady65

Hello.....I read that the Gem will be doing cruises from Puerto Rico next year...would anyone know if the Gem will be coming back to New York....after it doing cruises from Puerto Rico? As i am interested in sailing her....but i do not want to take the cruise from Puerto Rico...

• 2 weeks later...
Hello.....I read that the Gem will be doing cruises from Puerto Rico next year...would anyone know if the Gem will be coming back to New York....after it doing cruises from Puerto Rico? As i am interested in sailing her....but i do not want to take the cruise from Puerto Rico...

Definetly,,,we are booked next march on gem, from nyc!

• 2 weeks later...

On the Gem last week there was a presentation in the Atrium about the ships and their various itineraries, and it was mentioned by an NCL staff member that the Gem would return to New York after its short run in San Juan.

The Gem has been in NY for too long and needs to relocate.. We like to sail out of NY but have already been on the Gem 3 times....enough! Same thing with the Carnival Splendor. I do see where the Carnival Sunshine will be coming in the fall of 2016 though.

• 2 weeks later...
We too sailed on Gem so many times! ... but the ship is wonderful. We're probably going again this year too.

Agree. Love them Gem. I'll be sailing on her for the 4th time in 10 days. That being said, things are always changing and we'll adjust to whatever happens.

I just hope they keep 2 ships sailing from NYC year-round. It's nice to have a choice.

Agree. Love them Gem. I'll be sailing on her for the 4th time in 10 days. That being said, things are always changing and we'll adjust to whatever happens.

I just hope they keep 2 ships sailing from NYC year-round. It's nice to have a choice.

Two ships from NYC are a given. NY is (and has been for years) an NCL city. They have the lions share of capacity compared to competition.

Edited by UPNYGuy