3 Nights Pre Cruise

Zoolou

Probably been beating to death but to many pages to go through...but where would you recommend staying 3 days pre cruise in Mid feb 2016...We stayed at LaQuinta Hollywood couple of years back for one day ...but would like something more beachworthy and closer to shopping and restaurants...any corporate rates out there? I know Valutrips doesnt have there 2016 rates up yet unfortunately

Probably been beating to death but to many pages to go through...but where would you recommend staying 3 days pre cruise in Mid feb 2016...We stayed at LaQuinta Hollywood couple of years back for one day ...but would like something more beachworthy and closer to shopping and restaurants...any corporate rates out there? I know Valutrips doesnt have there 2016 rates up yet unfortunately

Have you considered a condo / vacation rental? There are many in the Fort Lauderdale Beach and Lauderdale by the Sea areas, and many of these types of properties post their availability and rates this far out. Check out HomeAway or VRBO.

Edited by brunello22

Most condo rentals will not do a 3 night stay in peak months. I'd prepare for high cost. Are you cruising out of Ft L or Miami? For sure book something cancelable as you hunt. The nicest spots sell out early.

For 3 nights I'd personally look to Miami Beach. Higher rates, but more entertaining and as beachy as you want to get. Lots of smaller hotels a block off the beach in South Beach. Everything in walking distance to see. Look at Hotel la Flora. If you don't need a resort with pool, this is a great place.

I would go to http://www.Sunny.org and look at hotels in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea and Hollywood Beach.

It's peak season and while you'll pay for the beach hotels, they will not be quite as expensive as Miami or Fort Lauderdale where you need to sell a kidney.

Also, look at the no frills Sleep Inn (http://www.TakeASnooze.com) in the middle of Fort Lauderdale Beach. It is an anomaly.

Also, look at the no frills Sleep Inn (http://www.TakeASnooze.com) in the middle of Fort Lauderdale Beach. It is an anomaly.

This one , actually called Snooze Hotel, is indeed a great deal especially if you choose one of the basic rooms. AND you fit into their minimum stay requirement. But I'd book asap if here as it fills early. Can't beat the beach location.

Edited by eandj

This one , actually called Snooze Hotel, is indeed a great deal especially if you choose one of the basic rooms. AND you fit into their minimum stay requirement. But I'd book asap if here as it fills early. Can't beat the beach location.

Thanks for the correction! My brain is fried!

Sorry Double checked...there were rooms but not up to what were after ....looked nice but the price was higher than La Quinta...Feb 13-16 are the dates we're after

Did you check hotwire? You are looking at one of the most expensive weeks of the year. A decent hotel in a good location will run you at least $200 a night.

I just checked. There is a four star Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel for $173 a night.

Honestly, that is a steal.

Edited by BlueHerons

Sorry Double checked...there were rooms but not up to what were after ....looked nice but the price was higher than La Quinta...Feb 13-16 are the dates we're after

That's Presidents Day weekend which leads into the busiest (and expensive) week in February since New England public schools (and maybe others) are off that week. What is your budget?

Did you check hotwire? You are looking at one of the most expensive weeks of the year. A decent hotel in a good location will run you at least $200 a night.

I just checked. There is a four star Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel for $173 a night.

Honestly, that is a steal.

Ive never used Hotwire or Priceline before...i kinda like to know where ive booked, always afraid i might end up with something that i didnt want or a crappy location in that area

We just returned from FLL and enjoyed a pre and post-cruise stay at two "boutique-style" character hotels.

Pre-cruise: Check out Casa Del Mar, a pretty little hotel a block away from a very nice stretch of beach and with nice restaurants (Casablanca!) nearby.

Post-cruise: We stayed at Beach Gardens, a couple of blocks from the beach, just a short stroll away from Casa Del Mar. Pool wasn't heated, but they have a sister property nearby that has one.

We found both properties clean, very affordable and close to very nice beachfront activities.

Cab ride was about $15 from the port, $20 to the airport. Well worth it for not having to stay in a big chain hotel.

Edited by LidoLiz

• 1 month later...

Ok...FLA Natives....Booked the Victoria Park Hotel....Is the area safe? things to do? things to see? approx.$$ for cab to and from airport and to cruise terminal? Read the reviews seems nice....Thanks in advance for all your input:)

Ok...FLA Natives....Booked the Victoria Park Hotel....Is the area safe? things to do? things to see? approx.$$ for cab to and from airport and to cruise terminal? Read the reviews seems nice....Thanks in advance for all your input:)

Great hotel in a fantastic location!

You are walking distance to the Galleria Mall and some good eats; PF Changs, Seasons 52, Capitol Grille, and one of my favorite bars, Blue Martini!

The water taxi is just over the bridge and if you are in decent shape, a nice little walk.

Victoria Park is a swank neighborhood in Fort Lauderdale. The hotel is just gorgeous.

Be sure to have dinner one evening at Serafina ... lovely waterfront Italian restaurant, just a couple of blocks from the hotel. It is mostly locals.