Got that Single Digit Happiness

golfb4cruzing

Officially 9 days today. Is there any better feeling??

Yes, there is a better feeling. I get it when I first board. Actually making it onto the ship is my big "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........" moment. :)

I can't wait to get to single digits and then onboard for our next cruise. I definitely beats working.

Getting onboard a 14 day cruise 10 days after I retired in 2013! Near the end of the cruise I had been on a cruise for more than half of my retired life!

We have tried to keep that ratio up but not easy to do. 88 of 365 days last year and 49 days so far this year.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

When I was on active duty in Korea, every one had a 'count-down' calendar. Kind of a paint by numbers thing. Every day you would color out another square which showed how many days you had left in country. As the days went by, you became a 'short timer' or 'short'. Anyway, once one hit the single numbers you were so short that you became a "single-digit-midget".

I keep a 'count down' calendar for my cruises. Alas, I'm not a "single-digit-midget". Only 209 days to go.

When I was on active duty in Korea, every one had a 'count-down' calendar. Kind of a paint by numbers thing. Every day you would color out another square which showed how many days you had left in country. As the days went by, you became a 'short timer' or 'short'. Anyway, once one hit the single numbers you were so short that you became a "single-digit-midget".

I keep a 'count down' calendar for my cruises. Alas, I'm not a "single-digit-midget". Only 209 days to go.

I bet that was the 747 with the path leading up the stairs!! Was in Osan from 87-88 and I had that calendar on my desk!!

Cheers, Kenn USAF Retired after 22 years

I bet that was the 747 with the path leading up the stairs!! Was in Osan from 87-88 and I had that calendar on my desk!!

Cheers, Kenn USAF Retired after 22 years

Never saw that one. The ones we had in 2nd ID could have been displayed in Playboy. Of course, that was back in 1973-1974. You'd get court martialed for those today.

Officially 9 days today. Is there any better feeling??

My wife has a count down calendar that is the number of work days left until she retires. She doesn't count weekends, etc. just the working days. She's in the low 30s at this point. My countdown is also for retirement but I'm still marking off months. 21 months to go.

Yes, there is a better feeling. I get it when I first board. Actually making it onto the ship is my big "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........" moment. :)

I can't wait to get to single digits and then onboard for our next cruise. I definitely beats working.

Totally agree !!! :D:D

All good. Been a short timer before. NH Gals & Sanibel, we are on the same trip. Walking onboard, dropping bags in cabin and heading for lunch and first beverage of choice confirms the reality. ** I would look for that perfect Formal Gown however all would clash with the beard I'm afraid.

Edited by golfb4cruzing

My voyage is the day after tomorrow, but I'm wishing that today was Friday instead of Thursday so I was leaving tomorrow morning! I'm way too excited. :D I think the better feeling will come when I actually step onboard!

My wife has a count down calendar that is the number of work days left until she retires. She doesn't count weekends, etc. just the working days. She's in the low 30s at this point. My countdown is also for retirement but I'm still marking off months. 21 months to go.

I had one for days to retirement. I 'retired' in Jul 13 but they talked me into coming back part time. Now I've got a new one. 173 days to next retirement. I won't be coming back again. BTW, 209 days to next cruise.