B Ocean or Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

tully07

We usually stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th, but at our most recent stay, we found it tired and in need of some TLC. It is, however, very convenient with lots of restaurants and Publix nearby, plus the Sunshine Trolley. We are currently considering the "B Ocean" or "Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina" for 2016.

Are there reasonably priced restaurants and shopping nearby these locations?

B Ocean Resort used to be the Sheraton when I stayed there a few months ago. I liked it because it is right on the ocean. No traveling to get to the beach as you are right there. We did eat dinner at the hotel restaurant and had a great meal there.

The trolley goes right by the B. It will take you to the harbor Shops by Embassy S. The Hilton is, as stated, in the area of the same stuff if you don't mind a longer walk.

If you book the B only some rooms are on the beach and/or have a view. The less costly are on the other side of the street with some having no view of water. So look at the different categories to find views and sand if interested.

We have stayed there several times when it was the Sheraton Yankee Clipper. The closest restaurant would be the Bahia Cabana which is just across the street and up about a block. It is very popular and a fun place on the water. The Oasis Cafe is a few blocks further away. We have also stayed at the Hilton Marina which is closer to the port and across the bridge. There are several restaurants near the hotel which is in the same area as the Embassy Suites. Personally I would rather stay at the B Ocean which is directly on the beach and I like the Bahia Cabana restaurant. As previously mentioned there are actually 3 buildings at the B Ocean. One is the main building and the other is a smaller one on the beach. Then there is a covered walk way across the street for the other one which is not on the beach but we enjoyed it much more than the main building.

The B Ocean is now the Sonesta.

The current B Ocean on A1A used to be Sheraton Beach Resort and before that was the Sheraton Yankee Clipper.

Sonesta which is at Sunrise Blvd and A1A used to be a B Ocean and before that it was Holiday Inn.

Anyway, I think that life is always better at the beach so I would stay at the B instead of at Hilton Marina. Both are good though. The only thing is that if you think the Embassy Suites is tired, I'm not sure how you will feel about either hotel...although they are recently enough renovated they are both older properties. You might prefer the Hilton Beach Resort, which was built from scratch a few years ago, though it is further from shopping and restaurants outside of the hotel.

Edited by royalcruz

I have stayed at the B Ocean when it was the Sheraton. Our room didn't look onto the beach but easy to get to the beach.

I am thinking of the Best Western Plus Oceanside. Is this hotel near the B Ocean hotel?