Does Anyone Have a "Special Ship"?

cruisexlife

Hello,

I'm writing this thread because I just got off Liberty, and boy was she special. Her itinerary was great. But the actual ship itself felt very special to me. There was just something about it that I really enjoyed. I'm actually upset that it will be moving to Galveston.

Does anyone else have a ship in mind that they really enjoyed? Can't really name why, you just really liked?

Thought I would get some cruise memories rolling tonight! :D

I would choose the Liberty too. Had a cruise planned on her for last January but my father ended up in the hospital and we cancelled at the last minute. He passed away while we would have been on the cruise.

I understand she's going to San Juan (or maybe she's already there - haven't been keeping up for the past few months). Not sure if we'll be able to make it there to sail her until she moves to another port.

We also really liked the Liberty. The décor is nice, and we had really great service on that trip. We've had better itineraries, but we just had a really relaxing, enjoyable time on the Liberty (it was the just the Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk itinerary when we sailed her).

I see the OP has been on the Glory several times. That was our most recent Carnival cruise, and we also enjoyed that ship, but that had more to do with our cabin (one of the 6K deluxe scenic ocean views) and the cruise director (Matt) and not the ship itself.

Our favorite itinerary was on the Miracle (southern--3 different times).

So lots of different reasons to love lots of different cruises, but Liberty has been our favorite Carnival SHIP so far. Our favorite SHIP overall has been Oasis, but that's another discussion. ;)

Breeze is next for us, so we'll see if we have a new favorite ;)

So far they have all been special to me in one way or another, but I must say that the Liberty is probably my all time most favorite ship, for several reasons, but I just had the most special and wonderful cruise on that ship back in 2009.

Although not a carnival ship, my first cruise ship, the SS Norway holds a special place in my memories as well. But Liberty is number one!

I love Elation! The ship is so easy to get around. It's just plain comfortable!!! My absolute favorite area is the back where you can sit under a covered deck but you're still outside. We've sailed on "her" 3 times and would be so excited if I found out I was going again tomorrow! :)

I know this is a Carnival thread, and I'll be on the Breeze in June (can't wait), but I figured the answer could cross lines. I'm showing my age, but the SS Norway was a special ship. Had the privilege of sailing her on her 8th cruise after the conversion in 1980 and again in 1981 and 1993. She transformed cruising and was quite a site in her day.

The Liberty is also my favorite! There was just something about the Liberty that my husband and I both loved. Even our wait staff in the dinning room has been our favorite so far.

We cruise the Breeze in June, so we'll see if that becomes our favorite. But so far no other has topped the Liberty for us.

Favorite Carnival ship I have sailed is Legend.

Favorite ship overall of the 11 that I have sailed is Adventure of the Seas.

Adventure has that long atrium spanning over half the length of the ship.

Mine so far is the Paradise in 2009...everything was wonderful and she was my first Carnival cruise and only a 4 day...but just great in all ways..food, service..cool 1a cabin on Empress, great real shows I loved, and fellow travelers at my table...the degree and time I needed a trip at 48 or 49 right after a big move back to state of my origin..Montana....more than anything that trip looking back saved me and ushered in another phase of life...and was before certain losses one bears. I really need another trippy trip like that...I call these cruises trippy trips...LOL..fancier and more "spoil me" than drive to family cabin and drive to my Oregon trips..LOL..Sarah

I am most excited about, from readings only, repeating the Fantasy class in Tampa, Jacksonville or dear California...the Liberty, The Freedom and The Breeze someday as the most affordable mock bookings I do...can oftem match a ship I want..LOL.

I really want to try Epic Class and Oasis Class for Entertainment on NCL and Rccl respectively. I really look forward to another Grand Class Princess Cruise. And if Miracle matches my time and budget that could be a choice for me too out of California to Mexi

co or Beloved Hawaii..she plans to be there...for that matter any Spirit Class ship again... My Spirit class trip was mostly a flop Easter 2012 for many reasons..but not the ship herself..cool design, just right size...not too small not too big and TMA I know..but I would not hesitate to Book Costa again one day or try MSC for value and difference in entertainment and Italian food..more European eating..I can enjoy that a lot...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

The Pride. She was my first cruise in 2009. My husband and I had done all inclusive up until that point. A week before we sailed I found out I was pregnant! We're going back on her with the same itinerary next year and I'll be taking both our sons on our first family vacation! I'm looking forward to seeing her post drydock too:)

Edited by CruizinMama1026

As you can see from my signature my special ship is the Legend as shes the only one we have been on.

However, I think she always will be as we have been with her pre and post drydock and I can still remember seeing her for the first time as I looked out on the misty bay of Dover for our first cruise and stepping on her and falling in love (not with the decor mind).

Our Panama Canal cruise was special too and we were in the exact same cabin.

Miracle will always hold a special place in my heart. I loved everything about her-the layout, Gatsby's Garden, the wide open aft deck, which is now Serenity and even better, even the purple grape lights in the mdr. In terms of special sailings, hands down Panama Canal on Legend back in August. (Another Spirit class ship...go figure. ;))

DH's favorite ship is Breeze. He wants to sail her again so badly but the opportunity hasn't arisen yet.

Many of you mentioned Liberty. I so dislike that ship that I never plan on sailing her again. Ever. I think it's because I had bad experiences on both cruises so I'm associating those with Liberty herself.

Good thing there are so many cruise ships from which to choose. :D