Oasis Questions

Eve

Is there a poolside grill on the Oasis where you can get a burger or a hot dog while you're in a wet bathing suit? Is there a charge at Boardwalk Doghouse for the food? Does the Park Cafe serve anything besides beef sandwiches?

Thank you.

You can get Hot Dogs and Hamburgers at the Wipeout Grill which is towards the back of the pool deck. I have seen people in bathing suits in there. No charge at the Boardwalk Dog House. Yes Park Cafe servers more then Roast Beef Sandwiches, they have made to order salads and other sandwiches.

You can get Hot Dogs and Hamburgers at the Wipeout Grill which is towards the back of the pool deck. I have seen people in bathing suits in there. No charge at the Boardwalk Dog House. Yes Park Cafe servers more then Roast Beef Sandwiches, they have made to order salads and other sandwiches.

Yep... Yep... Yep... Agreed. That is all.

There is no pool side grill. Probably one of the biggest things I missed. There is no charge for hot dogs/sausages. However, the dog shack is along way from any pool.

The Wipout Cafe, is located on the pool deck 15, starboard side rear, before the sports court... they serve hot dogs, pretzel dogs, hamburgers, pizza, French fries, sandwiches, guacamole and chips, and soft serve ice cream and you can eat at the tables in your bathing suits... The ping pong tables are located in that area as well. 7 days and a wake up

Edited by McSlevin

I'd like to know all the info and tips about poolside eating and bars too!

If memory serves me, there are 22 lounges on Oasis. On a family cruise, my brother and I tried to go to all 22 during our cruise, but we forgot about the jazz club so missed one ... hahaha

There is no pool side grill. Probably one of the biggest things I missed. There is no charge for hot dogs/sausages. However, the dog shack is along way from any pool.

As others have said Wipeout Cafe is excellent and is on the pool deck - serves grill food, including hot dogs. Also serves a great breakfast including omelette station.

The Wipout Cafe, is located on the pool deck 15, starboard side rear, before the sports court... they serve hot dogs, pretzel dogs, hamburgers, pizza, French fries, sandwiches, guacamole and chips, and soft serve ice cream and you can eat at the tables in your bathing suits... The ping pong tables are located in that area as well. 7 days and a wake up

You had me at pretzel dog. ;)

You had me at pretzel dog. ;)

And I think those pretzel dogs are better than anything served in the Doghouse. We usually have lunch at the Wipeout Cafe every day.

lots of food options on Oasis. Agree with all that the Wipout cafe is your best food option near pools and with wet bathing suit.

Park Cafe is a far ways away from the pool, but has other options for food. In addition to the fantastic beef sandwich, they will custom make salads for you, each day the salad options are different some days shrimp is an option. They also have at least 2 different soups, and a variety of other sandwiches - mostly panini types which they make fresh and then bring to your table for you. there are also desserts available - similar to the buffet options, but more limited as the space is much smaller.

The dog house (near the carousel) is new, so I can't speak for the food there, but RCI doesn't keep anything around that doesn't do well and the dog house is on other ships, so I would imagine it is good.

You can also go into the buffet (wearing a coverup), make a plate and eat outside at the pool area - I believe the buffet is on the same deck or within 1 up/down.

Dog House was good and had 5-6 different types of dogs/sausages. However, by the time I got food and made it back to the pool they were no longer hot.

The Wipe Out didn't open for breakfast on port days and it's not exactly like the walk up (wet) pool side grills on other ships.

Pool side grills are usually my go to lunch location on other ships and I really missed it on the Oasis. The Panini sandwich on Mariner was outstanding. Downside was it was so close by I probably ate more of them than I should have.

Edited by jamesr3939

Agree about the Wipeout Café! Great place to go in your suit! Check on the Dog House hours - unless it's changed, it wasn't always open when we were on and had certain hours.

LOVE Park Café - salads, different daily soups, sandwiches, fruit, desserts, chips......But it is not at the pool deck, however worth a quick hike there and back - I would just bring it back to my lounge at the pool.....

Also Windjammer and Solarium weren't too far and would do the same thing...just get an extra plate to cover my food and bring back to the pool......

:D