Verizon needs to ____ ___

mistyinca

Unbelievable!!

I checked at 3:45, 4, and again after 5. After 5 the gift cards were back. Raced downstairs to get on real computer to place order.

Only verizon doesn't let you copy and paste your cc number. So while I try to type with eyes half shut from just waking up, the $500 gc is gone before I can finish the order.

Finally, I place the order for 5 $100 gcs. nice $2.5-somthing charge to ship (puh leeze).

But dang it Verizon, could you not be the only online source that doesn't allow copy and paste into the credit card box for payment.

:mad::mad:

I tried this morning and THOUGHT I had scored $300 in gift cards. I was told four times that my credit card number was wrong (it wasn't) and had to input everything, not just the cc number, again. I finally gave up on the iPhone and switched to a PC. Cards were in my cart, but nowhere to input payment info. Now showing "sold out" again. I sent a msg to Verizon, knowing it was futile, and they will respond in up to 72 hours. Nice.

Few quick questions for those of you who have gotten these!

1) Do they expire?

2) Can you ONLY ship them, or is email an option?

3) How long does it take to get them in the snail mail?

I don't want to get them if they expire since we're not 100% sure we're taking a cruise....but if we do it's in June. If they don't expire I'll go ahead and order one or two when I can find them if email isn't an option to be sure we get them in time...

Few quick questions for those of you who have gotten these!

1) Do they expire? No

2) Can you ONLY ship them, or is email an option? Email is an option, and it works great!

3) How long does it take to get them in the snail mail? Don't know, we use email.

I don't want to get them if they expire since we're not 100% sure we're taking a cruise....but if we do it's in June. If they don't expire I'll go ahead and order one or two when I can find them if email isn't an option to be sure we get them in time...

See responses in RED. :D

The ecards are not always an option. The last two times (today and last week) you could only have them mailed. It depends on what they are offering for the 3 1/2 minutes they are available once a week. Take what you can. I got the ones I ordered in less than 5 business days.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Unbelievable!!

I checked at 3:45, 4, and again after 5. After 5 the gift cards were back. Raced downstairs to get on real computer to place order.

I'm laughing girl how you checked at 3:45, 4, and 5am. We in the West Coast have it bad because they are normally available very early for us. Thanks for my text this morning stating they were available. :) That was the quickest online order I have ever done. Wanted to make sure they didn't disappear from my cart.

every time I check Verizon website for the certificates, they say SOLD OUT?

Just check often, early am and have your cc ready. I have gotten to the point where I keep 2 credit cards #s written down in big print right by my nightstand. You can keep the browser open but after a while, you will have to sign in again anyway. I only need one more card.......got a month to get it!!

But dang it Verizon, could you not be the only online source that doesn't allow copy and paste into the credit card box for payment.

Just check often, early am and have your cc ready. I have gotten to the point where I keep 2 credit cards #s written down in big print right by my nightstand.

My credit card is saved to my Verizon account. Why do you need to keep entering yours? Or you just don't want them to store that info?

My credit card is saved to my Verizon account. Why do you need to keep entering yours? Or you just don't want them to store that info?

I don't like storing my cc information. However I did try storing one card but it doesn't show as stored when logged in using my tablet. And I can grab my tablet in seconds.

I have given up on Verizon and AARP (they have them too and always sold out). I found them on my Citi Easy Deals page (from my Citibank card). I am able to buy the ecards in $100 increments. I think that not as many people have or know about the Citi Easy Deals so they always have them.

No. I'd love them to store it. It doesn't bring up the same credit card storage as from paying the bill. This is a different engine, and it won't save my card.

;-) Your post was awesome and should help a lot of people!
Originally Posted by angela12345

Read my post, currently the last post (post #495), in the below thread for my thoughts and strategies on how to get these gift cards.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2081176

Happy to help. If it wasn't for all you guys, I wouldn't have even known about them, or the Fathers Day special on the gift cards straight from Carnival that they had last year. Like it when I can 'give back' !!

So, on another thread, they are saying the gift cards thru AARP rewards looks like the exact same rewards engine. I assume they stay sold out like the Verizon ones and you have moments to snag them as well ?

I did notice they also have Carnival gift certificates on my Visa Rewards. It's 10500 points for $100, or 20000 points for $200. These are FREE with points, no additional $$$ required. However, they are certificates, and it does say these cannot be applied to OBC. The certificate has to be applied to paying down your booking by mailing them in.

No. I'd love them to store it. It doesn't bring up the same credit card storage as from paying the bill. This is a different engine, and it won't save my card.

Hmm, have you bought anything using your points yet? Because when it asks for payment info, there is a box you can check to store your cc number. They have some really cheap deals - I got a travel magazine subscription for $4. :) Maybe buy something like that to store your info so you're one step closing to clicking 'buy' when the time arises. Every second counts! :D

I sure miss the days when they were not popular and you could buy them anytime you needed one.

I know, right? Its all these crazy cruisers' fault. Posting on CruiseCritic every time they are back in stock. lol :p

Hmm, have you bought anything using your points yet? Because when it asks for payment info, there is a box you can check to store your cc number.

Yep. I've purchased the certificates two times. Both times I have checked the box, but it doesn't keep the card.