Miami hotels

Family4Cruisin

We are trying to decide between staying at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown and InterContinental. I know there is a bit of a difference between the two.....Intercontinental is considered a more upscale hotel than Hampton. Intercontinental costs more, charges more for parking, but is closer to the port. Hampton costs less and offers a free breakfast. We need 2 connecting rooms if possible. With the current rates and parking fee, Hampton is $104 less than Intercontinental. I would like to save money but prefer to stay at a good hotel that is highly recommended by others here on CC. Has anyone stayed at either? Do you recommend one over the other?

Thanks

Intercontinental is a full service hotel.

Hampton Inn is not.

Both are nice hotels.

I happen to prefer restaurants that are closer to Hampton Inn.

Do not worry about the distance.

Hampton Inn is only another five or ten minutes from port.

Keith

For the difference in cost, you will be perfectly satisfied with this Hampton Inn. Lots of places close by for dinner. And like stated, you really aren't that far from the port. Lots of cruisers choose this hotel over staying downtown.

We are trying to decide between staying at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown and InterContinental. I know there is a bit of a difference between the two.....Intercontinental is considered a more upscale hotel than Hampton. Intercontinental costs more, charges more for parking, but is closer to the port. Hampton costs less and offers a free breakfast. We need 2 connecting rooms if possible. With the current rates and parking fee, Hampton is $104 less than Intercontinental. I would like to save money but prefer to stay at a good hotel that is highly recommended by others here on CC. Has anyone stayed at either? Do you recommend one over the other?

Thanks

There is no comparison between these two properties. One is a 4* hotel, the other is a much lower star motel. I have stayed at the IC two or three times, but for a cruise night it is really over doing it. If you want to stay in that area check the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, (they are right down the street from each other).