What happened to Orchid Garden on the gem?

mrsbojamp

We are booked on the Gem this week and my husband was just reviewing our booking online and saw that the Orchid Garden completely disappeared! Anyone know what's going on?

Just off the Jewel this morning. OMG! The wait time was awful. So crowded. In fact, one night the beepers were malfunctioning. Made it worse.

Just off the Jewel this morning. OMG! The wait time was awful. So crowded. In fact, one night the beepers were malfunctioning. Made it worse.

Interesting. On the Gem last week Orchid Garden was a ghost town. I hope someone will also let us know how much of a difference "free" makes on the Gem.

Interesting. On the Gem last week Orchid Garden was a ghost town. I hope someone will also let us know how much of a difference "free" makes on the Gem.

It was the same on the Gem in March. I presume this is why they have made the change to include it in the regular dining options. Perhaps people with the UDP are choosing the more expensive venues so as to maximize their perk, leaving LaCucina and Orchid Garden under attended.

Just got off the Pearl, had a great meal there, the maitre de spoke to us about it going free and family style. Which we thought was a good idea. As it was we each ordered a different appy and shared them all. We were the only ones there on the Pearl at 5:30 pm... The food was so good, I would have been happy to wait for it.