Jewel of the Sea Southern Caribbean Photo Review- March 28, 2015

St Thomas Beach Options

Here’s a satellite map to give you a feel for where we were.

Sapphire%20Beach.jpg

There is a dive shop at Saphire beach? That sheds a whole new point for my St Thomas consideration this time. I'll need to check out who this is.

Never mind, not a dive shop, but a snorkeling/watersports shop :( The Diving was one reason I was looking at Coki.

Edited by BillOh

Wonderful pics

Love the one with the Solarium open, proof it is not a myth that they open it:)

When I was on Jewel out of SJ, they painted the solarium pool, so they opened the roof about 6 ft to let the fumes out. That was the only time in 13 days on her I saw it open.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Katie,

I am booking my next year cruise shortly, and am doing some research. Oh my goodness, your review is AMAZING! Best I've seen! Pics were spectacular. And your little guy asleep on the last night? Too much cute!

Thank you so much for sharing.

We are trying to decide between the Jewel out of San Juan next February (We've never done Southern Caribbean) - or Freedom out of Lauderdale (Western Caribbean, I believe).

I see you've sailed both. Do you have a definite preference/fav?

Thanks again for your most excellent review. Going now to read your Freedom review:-)

Tammy

Hi Katie

Great review!!!

We took a B2B on the JOS Feb.2014. One of the best cruises we have taken. Love all the islands even though we have visit most of them previously. I also like the fact our last day on both cruises was a sea day. :)

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your review! Amazingly great pics, your family is adorable. We are looking at booking this ship with somewhat same itinerary from San Juan (a few different ports) and you have really helped easy my worry from jumping ships lol.

When I was on Jewel out of SJ, they painted the solarium pool, so they opened the roof about 6 ft to let the fumes out. That was the only time in 13 days on her I saw it open.

Had her open on 2 port days in Feb/Mar 2016

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

You know, I'm sad to say that I never payed attention to if my meal planner matched the actual meal. I think that was probably more useful for getting me excited about the cruise in the planning than any actual practical purpose. :)

Always double check. On Navigator we planned our specialty nights according to the order Royal posted, then it didn't match what showed on the tv "planner". Then in reality, it matched neither. I missed most of the menus I really wanted in the MDR.

Thanks for the review! We sail Jewel in feb.

Enjoying reading your review. I'm currently in the planning stages of a Southern Caribbean Cruise in 2017 (never to early to start planning). One of the ships under consideration is the Jewel.

Mary

We are booked on the Jewel for the 4/2/2017 San Juan sailing. Join us.

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked on the Jewel for the 4/2/2017 San Juan sailing. Join us.

I couldn't help but notice as we are also booked for this sailing on 4/2 as well. Haven't seen you on the roll call you should consider joining. From the looks of it, going to be quite active for this sailing.

Thanks Katie for such a thorough review.

We are sailing on Jewel in July 2016 and my DD (7) is very excited.

If you are still on here (I see this is quite an old thread), do you know anything about the MDR arrangement where the kids club staff collect children partway through first sitting and take them off to the club? have seen this in a few write-ups but on the daily kids club sheets you posted it didn't mention this at all.

• 3 months later...

Question for you.. Crazy as it may sound. In the Hyatt house that you stayed at did you have the king bed with King sofa bed? If so was it a true king? Trying to decide where to stay and this would be our best bet if it's a try king sofa bed... Teenagers no longer fit on a smaller sofa bed lol.

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app