Jewel of the Sea Southern Caribbean Photo Review- March 28, 2015

Katie - Thank you for your great review and your spectacular photos of your cruise! I've been on these boards for over a decade and read many reviews, and I've never seen photos better than yours! Just wonderful!

We took our first cruise on Jewel in 2006 (8-day Eastern Caribbean) with Captain Thore Thorolvsen commanding, and it was a truly fabulous ship, crew, and itinerary. Great to see that the Jewel is looking as good as ever and that her crew treated you and your family well. Now I want to take the same Southern itinerary as you. Thank you so much for sharing your photographic talent with us! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for a nice picture tour of the Jewel. My wife and I just booked for July in Alaska and it was nice to see how she looks. We sailed her almost 10 years ago your pics brought back a lot of memories. Very nice review of your trip!

The best parts about the Jewel-The outdoor eating area at the WJ is awesome! I’ll miss that going back to the Freedom/Oasis class. The glass elevators that look over the water are fun. The Jewel staff is great- dining staff went out of their way to make you happy, room attendant made towel animals every night and was very thoughtful to try to stay out of the way, supervising staff took responsibility for any issues with suitcases, Windjammer service, etc.

Agreed, agreed, agreed! Every meal that we ate at the Windjammer was seated outside, because we loved it so much. And, I love that you can see the sea from pretty much everywhere aboard the ship.

Thanks for posting this review. Your pictures brought me right back to my family vacation from last summer. We all loved Jewel so much!

• 1 month later...

Hi Katie,

We are on the Jewel for the New Year's Cruise this coming December. Your pictures and tidbits are awesome!

On your spreadsheet, I noticed you had the menu rotation listed in the order of being served - i.e. Mojo, ****ake, etc. Did that hold true to the order you had them listed? I want to book specialty dining but certain nights the menus have options that I don't want to miss in the MDR.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Katie,

We are on the Jewel for the New Year's Cruise this coming December. Your pictures and tidbits are awesome!

On your spreadsheet, I noticed you had the menu rotation listed in the order of being served - i.e. Mojo, ****ake, etc. Did that hold true to the order you had them listed? I want to book specialty dining but certain nights the menus have options that I don't want to miss in the MDR.

You know, I'm sad to say that I never payed attention to if my meal planner matched the actual meal. I think that was probably more useful for getting me excited about the cruise in the planning than any actual practical purpose. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A little late to the party but this was a great photo review, just booked this ship and never really considered it because it was too small or too old but after seeing these pics I know it will be just fine. I'm sure after dry dock in April of 16 it will be even better!

My wife loved your template if you could email it to us that would be great

Polleyrt@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...
Is Jewel sailing out of San Juan in 2017? We're booked in Adventure in Oct 2016 and would like to sail in Oct 2017 cause Oct was when we got married

All we know is that Jewel is in San Juan until April 2017.

We've been to St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St kitts, St Maarten on Carnival, going to Antigua, Aruba, Bonaire, Curaco, St Maarten on Adventure in Oct 2016, how many have all done all the islands out of San Juan with a few over lapping? If you book a cruise beyond 2016 for April 2017 before your cruise in Oct how does that work for the Next cruise?

We've been to St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St kitts, St Maarten on Carnival, going to Antigua, Aruba, Bonaire, Curaco, St Maarten on Adventure in Oct 2016, how many have all done all the islands out of San Juan with a few over lapping? If you book a cruise beyond 2016 for April 2017 before your cruise in Oct how does that work for the Next cruise?

If the cruise you book does not go up in price, you can cancel and rebook once you are onboard to get the OBC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...