Oceana

swfc

I have been on Ventura and Oceana a couple of times and do have to say Oceana just wins it for me. I liked the lack of queues for theatres etc on Oceana and not having to be in the theatre 30 minutes before it starts like we have had on Ventura. I do have to say though we do sail in school holidays which probably makes Ventura a lot busier. I still like Ventura and will be on her twice this year but just preferred the smaller Oceana. Oceana's atrium is one of the best too.:cool:

I too have sailed on both but on our recent cruise on Oceana it became apparent that if you were on Freedom dining it meant queueing for dinner at 6 o'clock if you were intending to get a seat at the shows. They seemed to be fielding one big entertainment item each night which attracted too large a proportion of the passengers.

I do not like big ships but Ventura seemed to offer a choice of entertainment nightly which spread the load. I thought the theatre on Ventura was far superior too.

Having said this I should still book a cruise on either as they both offer an excellent holiday. In my opinion the itinerary is the main reason for booking and this is what would decide which to book.

Regards John

I too have sailed on both but on our recent cruise on Oceana it became apparent that if you were on Freedom dining it meant queueing for dinner at 6 o'clock if you were intending to get a seat at the shows. They seemed to be fielding one big entertainment item each night which attracted too large a proportion of the passengers.

I do not like big ships but Ventura seemed to offer a choice of entertainment nightly which spread the load. I thought the theatre on Ventura was far superior too.

Having said this I should still book a cruise on either as they both offer an excellent holiday. In my opinion the itinerary is the main reason for booking and this is what would decide which to book.

Regards John[/QUOT

Sorry, are you saying there was only one show in the theatre each night and not two ?

Got off Oceana a week ago and there were generally two times for the Headliners shows. It was my first time on Oceana and I much preferred her to Ventura, Aurora and Oriana. I would say that, for me Oceana and Azura are about equal. I do like The Glasshouse on Azura and did miss it on Oceana. We never had to wait more than 5 mins for Freedom dining and usually arrived about 7pm. Sometimes we made the early show but usually not, so we went to the later show.

We've been on Oceana more than any other ship in the fleet but we definitely prefer Ventura and Azura. Too much goes wrong on Oceana (especially air-con, plumbing and wifi in the cabins, and we also don't like the layout of the cabins nearly as much as on Azura and Ventura. We miss the Crows Nest of Oriana or the Planet / Glasshouse from Azura as there's nothing similar on Oceana. Café Jardin is better since the menu style was changed but the location is awful

Thanks Lottie. Think I may have misread Johns post then. Glad to see most people like Oceana. Azura has been my favourite so far and will miss the Glass House too. Sure I will have a Fab time on Oceana anyway :D