Depressed...Royal pulls out of New Orleans today

I am on board. Earlier this morning, Carly came on the loud speaker and said the stuck barge would be moving shortly and it would not affect our arrival into Grand Cayman. A while later, the Captain announced that the barge was having more difficulties and would require more tug boats. Being stuck on a cruise ship in the middle of a river still beats a day at work. I am hoping this does not affect our stop in Grand Cayman because it was the only port on this cruise that I have never been to before. Not looking good though. Meet & Mingle in a half hour. Time for some fun :-D

Agreed.

We have to fly to get on board any cruise ship (Canadian cruisers). NOLA is still our fave. Got in at 6:30 PM a day before sail and had a blast before sailing the next day.

I do wish they would move a ship back. We'd love it! Shorter flight than Miami :)

We are disappointed with Royal leaving New Orleans because it is the easiest port from our house. We have always had good experiences out of NO on Royal and Carnival. Maybe one day a ship will return.

Edited by scubasteve00

Hi - My daughter's boyfriend is in the Marines and is stationed in Biloxi MS. I am planning a last minute family vacation to Biloxi and New Orleans. My DD is 19 and my DS is 20. Do you have any recommended hotels and restaurants in New Orleans? Also, will we still be able to enjoy night life entertainment like jazz music since the kids are not 21? Appreciate any and all recommendations.

Thank you

Sue