Serenity - Adults Only?

Raxter54

Cruising on the Dream at the end of January and was wondering - Serenity is supposed to be adults only. How well does Carnival enforce that policy? Heard from some friends that sailed on Carnival before, and they laughed when I said Serenity was adults only....

It has been my experience that children are rarely in the Serenity area. They are more interested in the water slides and the pool. However, I have seen adults acting like children in the Serenity area! It's one of my favorite quiet areas on the ship where you can sleep, read, or just watch the world go by.

However, I have seen adults acting like children in the Serenity area! It's one of my favorite quiet areas on the ship where you can sleep, read, or just watch the world go by.

As the saying goes, growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :D

The only time I have seen children was when they were looking for a children's area, and wandered in by mistake. I have seen young adults (Think college age) take over the area, especially hot tubs, and demonstrate the fact that the word "Serenity" has not come up on any vocabulary test they have passed.:rolleyes:

However, for the most part I have found the Serenity to be quieter than the main lido pool area.

Edited by Rosethorn40

The only time I have seen children was when they were looking for a children's area, and wandered in by mistake. I have seen young adults (Think college age) take over the area, especially hot tubs, and demonstrate the fact that the word "Serenity" has not come up on any vocabulary test they have passed.:rolleyes:

However, for the most part I have found the Serenity to be quieter than the main lido pool area.

Serenity is usually quiet or quiet-ish. I've had more issues with loud "mature" adults than college age kids though...

We could never find a seat in the Serenity area, but found lots of peace and quiet on the deck that goes all around the ship on the outside (Deck 5?) with 2 large hot tubs on each side. Very few people there and lots of choices for loungers. Granted they don't have the plush cushions like Serenity does, but it was quieter.

We could never find a seat in the Serenity area, but found lots of peace and quiet on the deck that goes all around the ship on the outside (Deck 5?) with 2 large hot tubs on each side. Very few people there and lots of choices for loungers. Granted they don't have the plush cushions like Serenity does, but it was quieter.

That would be the Lanai. From what I've heard there are usually more deck chairs available there than in the pool area or the Serenity area. Between our balcony and the Lanai, we should be OK for quiet zones....

What is the best time to get a lounger/bed?

Depends on exactly where you want to sit. The prime spots with an ocean view or with a sunshade tend to go quickly, especially on a sea day. My experience has been the prime spots are usually taken by 7:30 the first sea day. If there is a 2nd sea day you may need to get there by 6:30 (That's am) if there is a particular lounger you want.

I have heard that on some ships (The Sunshine when it was in Europe) that people were actually camping out!

When sailing out of Dover UK Serenity had children there...this was the only time I saw children on Serenity as our Sail away from Tampa was all adults.

From listening to other European trips it was probably because no-one was using the pools and hot tubs so security weren't too bothered.

What is the best time to get a lounger/bed?

Port days! All day!

And no one checks to make sure the "adults" in the serenity area are 21 so expect some older teenagers and young adults to be there most days. On the newer ships the serenity area is adjacent to the take off area for the water slides so it isn't exactly quiet up there.

We sailed on the Pride last June and had no issues with children in the Serenity area. And although it was always packed on sea days, we always managed to get a seat.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Every cruise I've been on (I think we've been on 5) they've kept them out. Never seen "kids" but have seen an older teenager. I was at the bar getting drinks for myself and my husband and she came over and asked for a virgin something or other. I was wondering about her age when the bartender took her card and scanned it telling her "I'll make it for you this time, but in the future, this area is 21 and up" she made a nasty face at him and left with her drink. Rules are rules!