Platinum Laundry Now One Per Cabin

Starry Eyes

Just off the Jewel today after a lovely cruise, though we did have one surprise. We had previously had one free bag of laundry per Platinum member but now, now just one bagel cabin per cruise. We asked the cruise consultant Jorge about it and he said it was the new policy (though I believe he would have let us do a second bag this time if we had asked).

As a couple, we liked having two free bags,and we may pack a bit more if we only get one bag per cabin . Thought I'd share in case it impacts how others pack. Sorry if this is old news to some here, but it was new to me..

Just off the Jewel today after a lovely cruise, though we did have one surprise. We had previously had one free bag of laundry per Platinum member but now, now just one bagel cabin per cruise. We asked the cruise consultant Jorge about it and he said it was the new policy (though I believe he would have let us do a second bag this time if we had asked).

As a couple, we liked having two free bags,and we may pack a bit more if we only get one bag per cabin . Thought I'd share in case it impacts how others pack. Sorry if this is old news to some here, but it was new to me..

Really sorry to hear that, but thanks for the heads up. Wouldn't matter on a short cruise but something to keep in mind for a long one.

Next NCL ships name: The Takeaway...

Good one! If this is happening (and the platinum benefits WERE very generous, then a new class with more benefits needs to be established.

Suggestion: 150 days=double benefits.

Sorry I don't believe anything Jorge says. He tried a couple of years ago to tell us we did not get a bottle of wine as Platinum since we were in a suite and already got one. As far as laundry I have sent it out twice and just put platinum on the bag and receipt and never had an issue.

Not a surprise if true. NCL made it ridiculously easy to become Platinum and therefore must dilute the privileges. Once DH and I were the only Platinum on a cruise (2011). Last week we were two of 238.

That said, for shame if true. Each person who is Platinum should be entitled to their individual perks.

Sorry I don't believe anything Jorge says. He tried a couple of years ago to tell us we did not get a bottle of wine as Platinum since we were in a suite and already got one. As far as laundry I have sent it out twice and just put platinum on the bag and receipt and never had an issue.

Interesting...it certainly course be Jorge's (mis)interpretation of the rule. I hope so. As mentioned it is not a big deal for a short cruise alone, but if one has been traveling without easy laundry access or for a longer cruise, every bag of laundry is appreciated.

I hate to say it, but some may finally feel my pain. My minor son has over 200 latitude points if he was allowed to have them. Of those 200 points, at least 150 of them were PAID by me for him as a 2nd full paying passenger, the other 50 were as 3rd or 4th passenger.

I have never been allowed to get a free bag of laundry for him as he is not allowed to receive benefits because he is a minor. And according to multiple people at NCL, he is not allowed to receive alcohol, therefore he can't receive Platinum benefits.

All I've ever wanted was for that extra bag of laundry, especially on longer cruises like the 21 days we have upcoming.

Yes, I know that he will supposedly receive Platinum status when he is 18, but he is Platinum now if you go by his points and I paid for it. And it is true loyalty, not rewards for spending extra for suites or booking way early. My son has been on 20 NCL cruises and I've been on over 30. Very sad that NCL doesn't think of Lattitudes as loyalty anymore and only as rewards.

But all this said. I don't cruise for the rewards program, I cruise because I love it

Uh Oh ........... this Platinum Perk Subtractions issue sounds like it will turn into another Room Service Charge broo haw haw. It will also affect about the same number of passengers to :rolleyes:.

I read on another post that NCL will now be charging an 18% Convenience/ Gratuity/ Service Fee for every Laundry Bag from all Platinum Members.

Now that would make me seriously think about not changing Cruise Lines ;).

cheers...the Ump...:D

I hate to say it, but some may finally feel my pain. My minor son has over 200 latitude points if he was allowed to have them. Of those 200 points, at least 150 of them were PAID by me for him as a 2nd full paying passenger, the other 50 were as 3rd or 4th passenger.

I have never been allowed to get a free bag of laundry for him as he is not allowed to receive benefits because he is a minor. And according to multiple people at NCL, he is not allowed to receive alcohol, therefore he can't receive Platinum benefits.

All I've ever wanted was for that extra bag of laundry, especially on longer cruises like the 21 days we have upcoming.

Yes, I know that he will supposedly receive Platinum status when he is 18, but he is Platinum now if you go by his points and I paid for it. And it is true loyalty, not rewards for spending extra for suites or booking way early. My son has been on 20 NCL cruises and I've been on over 30. Very sad that NCL doesn't think of Lattitudes as loyalty anymore and only as rewards.

But all this said. I don't cruise for the rewards program, I cruise because I love it

All his points will be credited to him once he turns 18.

Harriet

The UK site has said only one bag per cabin for Platinum for awhile now. Are you from the US or UK? Just wondering....

Harriet

Thanks you relieved my mind a little. I keep thinking if this were true more folks would be here says, yes this happened to me also.

When we arrive in our cabin, there is an envelope for DW and myself, with 'coupons' for the free laundry, dinners, parties, etc., we are each platinum.

Did you get these when you arrived in your cabin on the first day???

Upon arrival in our cabin this time, there was a letter about bronze benefits with two other people's names. We booked a last minute gty cabin. They either shuffled people around last minute or somebody cancelled last minute.

We went to the cruise consultatant on day one and he printed our platinum materials on the spot. After we reviewed them, we asked about the single laundry certified it's both banks on one form and instructions to place form in laundry bag. He said that it was now one per cabin, though he expressed that two might be appropriate if it had been a long cruise.

Not very may platinums aboard that cruise...spring break families with young kids.

Upon arrival in our cabin this time, there was a letter about bronze benefits with two other people's names. We booked a last minute gty cabin. They either shuffled people around last minute or somebody cancelled last minute.

We went to the cruise consultatant on day one and he printed our platinum materials on the spot. After we reviewed them, we asked about the single laundry certified it's both banks on one form and instructions to place form in laundry bag. He said that it was now one per cabin, though he expressed that two might be appropriate if it had been a long cruise.

Not very may platinums aboard that cruise...spring break families with young kids.

What ship were you on and when did this happen? Carol

Edited by NJ Johnny

Is it a possibility they sent one platinum laundry with both names on it? Which still means you both get it? Like I stated I was just on the Gem and both platinum members in my cabin got the laundry service. It came in one platinum package. Neither one of us used it.

Ha! They changed it. It now says:

Laundry Service

Gold members: 25% on one bag of laundry.

Platinum members: complimentary one bag of laundry.

It used to have a ^ by the above description.

Which said: ^ Are limited to one per stateroom.

Now, it's not there anymore.

Harriet