Arcadia questions...

Carter7568

Hello all, just a few questions.

We are looking to book Arcadia for a 12 day cruise to the fjords in late May.

Has anyone used the disabled rooms on Arcadia and do they have them across all grades.

I have looked at the reviews and found it to be average, is it due another refit?

Anyone ever stayed in a suite? If so comments would be good...

Lastly, my wife will be using a wheelchair for a lot of the time any comments from disbled users would also help.

Thanks for your help and for taking the time to read this.

Hello all, just a few questions.

We are looking to book Arcadia for a 12 day cruise to the fjords in late May.

Has anyone used the disabled rooms on Arcadia and do they have them across all grades.

I have looked at the reviews and found it to be average, is it due another refit?

Anyone ever stayed in a suite? If so comments would be good...

Lastly, my wife will be using a wheelchair for a lot of the time any comments from disbled users would also help.

Thanks for your help and for taking the time to read this.

Not long had a major refit, so will not be having another for a few years.

Thing about reviews ,they are personal to that person, who may not be happy with something, that you would be very happy with.

She is our and quite a few other peoples favourite ship.

I am sorry I cannot help you with a disabled cabin query. As far as I am aware though, yes there will be a few across all the grades. I think they tend to get booked up quickly though, so you would need to be prompt booking.

Good Morning

My husband is a full time wheelchair user and we sailed on Arcadia last August, 2014, coincidently to the Fjords and we were first time cruisers so we were a little apprehensive about how 'we' would cope.

We had a balcony cabin D140 which was large enough to be able to stay in the chair without having to get out at all. The bathroom is a wet room and, again, plenty large enough to be able to move around comfortably.

The only downside was getting out onto the balcony. The ramp, outside the cabin on the balcony is very steep and my husband could not manage that on his own so I was needed to push him up the ramp to come back into the cabin. I don't know if this is the same for all cabins.

We had an amazing time, the crew could not do enough for us - always someone ready to offer help and we would certainly sail on this ship again. A very minor problem we had getting round the ship were the carpets were very deep (lol) making it difficult to move the chair forward (that's where I came in to help).

We are sailing with Celebrity this summer and they have a lot to live up to.

Thanks very much to those that have replied, until we heard your replies we were a bit iffy about going on Aradia but your replies have reassured us...

We have taken plunge and we are going on J605

Fjords between 28/05/16 and 09/06/2016 in a suite once again.....

It is true what people say once you have tried a suite it's difficult to go back to a balcony....

Thanks again

It is true what people say once you have tried a suite it's difficult to go back to a balcony....

Tell me about it...for our 30th WA we thought we would treat ourselves as a ONE OFF to a mini suite ...Now if we are looking at cruises I know what is going to come next..

OH likes the nibbles instead of the buffet on boarding. He likes the priority boarding. He likes the fact that the cabins are available sooner....

At least we didn't treat ourselves to a full suite...