Norwegian Gem Orchid Garden

fluffnstuff36

I m getting information that orchid garden is now complimentary. Is this true? Any word on when the climbing wall will be open? I have been trying to go to ask and answer section on the NCL webpage but 90% of the time it won't even show the ask & answer questions and when it does it won't let me post new questions so I did the next best thing (or maybe the first best thing) and came here to get confirmation! Going to be on board May 23rd and can't wait to get cruising!

I m getting information that orchid garden is now complimentary. Is this true? Any word on when the climbing wall will be open? I have been trying to go to ask and answer section on the NCL webpage but 90% of the time it won't even show the ask & answer questions and when it does it won't let me post new questions so I did the next best thing (or maybe the first best thing) and came here to get confirmation! Going to be on board May 23rd and can't wait to get cruising!

Yep. Chin chin was complementary on the jewel this week

Hopefully the OP will let us know as she is sailing on the Gem in May, my sailing is the beginning of June.

Will definitely let you know. Of you have any other questions or answers you want me to find while I am on board let me know and I'll fill you in when I get back. One of the women attending my meet and greet for this cruise just got off the Gem a week ago and said Orchid Garden is definitely free now.

Will definitely let you know. Of you have any other questions or answers you want me to find while I am on board let me know and I'll fill you in when I get back. One of the women attending my meet and greet for this cruise just got off the Gem a week ago and said Orchid Garden is definitely free now.

Thanks, Fluff... I will remember that if anything comes home. Hope you have a great cruise.

I made my dinner reservations for the main dinning room already on line for the week. But now that the Orchard Garden is at no charge, I went on line to change one of my meals to that location. But it doesn't even show it at all list for a charge or non-charge. So I called NCL and the rep looked up and said he doesn't show it either and that the percentage of reservations must be full and I would have to make the reservation when I get on the ship. Does that sound right to you guys. I saw it listed on line on Friday..... could it just be because they are changing it to a free option that it was pulled until the changes could be made on line? What are any of your thoughts?

I made my dinner reservations for the main dinning room already on line for the week. But now that the Orchard Garden is at no charge, I went on line to change one of my meals to that location. But it doesn't even show it at all list for a charge or non-charge. So I called NCL and the rep looked up and said he doesn't show it either and that the percentage of reservations must be full and I would have to make the reservation when I get on the ship. Does that sound right to you guys. I saw it listed on line on Friday..... could it just be because they are changing it to a free option that it was pulled until the changes could be made on line? What are any of your thoughts?

Just book it when you get onboard. We have never had a problem reserving any restaurant while on the Gem.

If my memory serves me right they leave a certain number of seats that can be reserved in advance, a certain number for on board reservation making, and the rest are left open for first come first serve diners.

I know for tappenyaki you can only make reservations on line/in advance for seats of 2 or 4. if you have a different number of diners you need to wait till your on the ship to make the reservation or reserve 2 or 4 seats and then add or subtract the other diners once your on board. . . very confusing.

orchid garden is now complimentary

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/DiningGuide_041015.pdf

We just got off the gem and it was its first cruise with it being complimentary. We booked a table when we boarded no problem and it was packed. Be aware they are trying a new concept to deal with the number of covers and brining your appetisers and entrees together. However if you tell the wait staff to bring separately they will but only if you tell them.

We just got off the gem and it was its first cruise with it being complimentary. We booked a table when we boarded no problem and it was packed. Be aware they are trying a new concept to deal with the number of covers and brining your appetisers and entrees together. However if you tell the wait staff to bring separately they will but only if you tell them.

Thanks for the update.

It's amazing. When there was a $15.00 cover charge almost any given night the Asian restaurant was half empty. You now what they say ? Food tastes better when it's free..I mean included.

It's amazing. When there was a $15.00 cover charge almost any given night the Asian restaurant was half empty. You now what they say ? Food tastes better when it's free..I mean included.

:D ain't that funny ...

Now, it's almost like going to a typical Chinese buffet on land - you order & they bring just about everything out all at once, unreal. Soup, starter & entrees - might as well bring out the dessert for a faster turn-around - almost like going to the cafeteria. No thanks, I will stick to the MDR and 'slower' service.

-

Curious if you can now order multiple entrees just like the MDR, for no extra charge. I know that years & years ago, on the Dawn, we're able to order an extra entree without any charges and the wait staff didn't even blink ... :D It should be free ...

Edited by mking8288

If my memory serves me right they leave a certain number of seats that can be reserved in advance, a certain number for on board reservation making, and the rest are left open for first come first serve diners.

I know for tappenyaki you can only make reservations on line/in advance for seats of 2 or 4. if you have a different number of diners you need to wait till your on the ship to make the reservation or reserve 2 or 4 seats and then add or subtract the other diners once your on board. . . very confusing.

Can't wait to try it!