Deposit Calerification

Gabby229

So, I had seen so many different posts about receiving the latest promotion which was an OBC for up to $50. I myself booked when you were able to have the reduced deposit of just half of what it normally costs. I had seen that some people were told the reason that their price protection form came back denied was due to them booking during the same promotion of the half-off deposit. They said that when they paid the other half of the deposit, they were able to get the OBC and then they were now eligible for the price drops too.

So, I then called Carnival, because who doesn't want the price drops and possible OBC promo? When I called, I only had to wait for less than a minute and I spoke to a very nice woman who was extremely helpful. I had explained to her what I said above and she got my info and looked to see if I qualified for the promotion etc. She then told me that I was not due to my rate being higher right now so I would have to pay $50 to get $50 OBC and so needless to say, I wasn't goig to do that.

After that, I asked if I could pay the remaining half of the deposit so that I could be eligible for price drops and other things in the future. She said that there was no need because you are eligible regardless if you paid the half-off or full deposit! I was in somewhat confusion and then she asked someone and came back and told me that she had just asked her manager and that was the case. You DO NOT have to have a full deposit to get the price drops if you were in on a half-off promo like I was. Now, when I find a price drop in my rates and try to call, they may say something different, but I figured I would right this to let others know what a Carnival spokesperson said. Here's to hoping for the best when my rates do drop :D

Edited by Gabby229

Some fares are new bookings only.

If you do match fares when you have a reduced deposit you have to pay the full deposit. Many have inadvertently lost their bookings because of this.

There have been many times where the lower price does include the reduced deposit, then you are eligible for both, but if you try for a rate that doesn't have the reduced deposit, you will have to pay the rest of the deposit in order to qualify for it.

Some fares are new bookings only.

If you do match fares when you have a reduced deposit you have to pay the full deposit. Many have inadvertently lost their bookings because of this.

How can someone lose their booking? I'm not doubting but just curious. And I know that many times people can be wrong, and that's why I put at the end that it could change, but was just wanting to see if anyone else had been successful with just paying half of deposit.

If you booked under 1/2 deposit / $49.50pp deposit & you change your promo, you are subject to pay the difference of the normal deposit to make the rate adjustment (if the rate you're changing it to requires standard deposit).... [emoji5]️

I paid $100 pp. What is the $49.50 for? Thanks :)

In response to your question to SadieN -- if you do not pay full deposit when you change it / if the agent doesn't tell you by mistake, the booking will cancel.. Of course, Carnival would have to reactivate, waive penalties if any + try to get everything the same.. Just a hassle! Lol

So it is just easier to pay the full thing not to risk canceling the booking? That's nice lol. Thanks for the help.

Technically yes. We did half deposits because we are doing a b2b and they are both over 8 days so our deposit total would have been $1600. By waiting for the 1/2 deposit we put down $800 and I will pay the other half if I see a price drop.

I hate the huge deposit for longer cruises. Not that I cannot afford it. It's the thought of Carnival having $1600 of my money for a year.

Edited by ready2cruzagain