Just back from Adventure of the Sea 4/5-12/2015

Just got back from a great cruise - four of us, had connecting staterooms 3614-3616. Statement attendant Carlos was great, took care of everything we needed, and made some awesome towel animals.

Stayed at embassy suites in PR the night before - no issues, pool was fine, guy on beach with chairs got there late, which was annoying but minor.

arrived at ship @ 130 pm (our email time was 5 pm, but no one checked). Room was ready so dropped off stuff, asked Carlos to open door and remove tables so we had more room and checked out ship.

we had dinner each night (MYTIME) in Mozart on fifth floor, 745 each night - same waiters, same people around us, we liked it. Food was fine - I could always find something i liked and the kids usually got the stip steak if they couldnt.

Barbados - went to the Boatyard - awesome, lots of fun.

that night, back on ship, my ten year old hurt his arm rollerblading. We told him he was fine, but after he didnt sleep all night, took him to doctor in am - yup, fractured radius (non displaced thankfully).

St. Lucia:

My wife took him to orthopedic surgeon in St. Lucia ($350), who confirmed and gave us splint. They missed our tour however, with Real St. Lucia Tours, which was fantastic - Aldan was our driver, just the two of us, we picked among the options and stayed as we wanted, the way to go (supposed to be 170 for the four of us, ended up being 140 for the two of us)

Antigua - took cab to Jolly Beach, rented chairs, beautiful beach, weather was so so

St. Maarten - took cab to Orient Beach, chairs at Bikini Beach Club, lunch at Yellow Sub in town, chair rentals get cheaper as walk towards nude beach, fyi

St. Croix - rented car ($44 Budget at pier) and reserved day room at Buccaneer Creek Resort - about a 25 minute drive which took us 40 getting there. Beautiful resort, 150 for a day room for the day, which gives you rights to all amenities. For four dollars per person, you can use the beach. You can also make up a room number and use all amenities if you choose (pools, towels, floats, snorkels, chairs, etc.) - not that I am advocating that.

Gambling - played craps every night - $5 tables, but only single odds - finished up for trip, so that's a plus.

we had a $195 credit for each room, so our total bill was about $40 (we dont drink much on board).

Wife and son went to ice show - she liked it, he (the ten your old) said it sucked. Wife and I went to Quest for five minutes - there was a large group of singles on board - I know why they are single now...

I went to art auction - too much lead up, just get to art - painfully slow - many people walked out.

No Giovanni's or Johnny Rockets for us

Met some nice folks, and had fun besides the broken arm. Feel free to ask any questions!

Mixplix

also, just an FYI - heard that a passenger from the ship passed away during an excursion in St. Lucia - apparently was snorkeling, something happened and CPR was unsuccessful. Not sure if there is a way to independently confirm, but when we returned to ship to give doctor documents from ortho, he said there was a "major incident" ship was dealing with - heard about fatality later than night, and put two and two together.

mixplix

We've booked the Embassy Suites for 2 nights prior to our cruise? How far was the beach? Where there places with in walking distance for dinner? Still trying to decide if we'll keep reservations there or book in Old San Juan or on the beach.

beach was about two (long) blocks away - the embassy suites' chair area is about two blocks down. There are two decent "local" restaurant's close - Platos and Metropol. There are several restaurants in hotel along the way, including the El San Juan, Ritz, another big one right before the El San Juan and another hotel right in front of the Embassy Suites (cant remember names of either)

I was on this sailing too. Had a great time but was very disappointed in The Quest. Always one of my favorites but we sat in the section right next to the singles group and they were over the top obnoxious. My section won though and they were shocked. :D

• 3 weeks later...
With the drink package can one person in the room get it or does everyone need to purchase. Is it worth it?

Royal does not require everyone on the stateroom to purchase a beverage package.