Cruise Compete

Has anyone ever used Cruise Compete to book a hotel pre-cruise? Looking at Vancouver and the rates are unbelievably low.

Downtown rates in Vancouver during summer are very expensive.

Hotels in downtown Vancouver run between 250 Cdn and 500 Cdn.

The cheapest hotels I've seen are way out in suburbs and still run about 150 CDN.

What hotel and rate are they quoting?

Driving to Vancouver for your cruise ? Coast Plaza hotel has a very good deal - One night hotel, free underground parking for duration of cruise, taxi to (or from) cruise terminal and $25.00 food voucher for hotel restaurant. $179.00 CDN when we cruised three weeks ago.

...VTX-Al

It's the Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport Hotel, $89.30 (+18.35 taxes and fees) for standard room for 1 night on a Saturday night in July.

This hotel is in Richmond . The port is 20 miles away or a $45 taxi ride to the Canada Place There isn't a lot around the hotel for meals.

Driving to Vancouver for your cruise ? Coast Plaza hotel has a very good deal - One night hotel, free underground parking for duration of cruise, taxi to (or from) cruise terminal and $25.00 food voucher for hotel restaurant. $179.00 CDN when we cruised three weeks ago.

...VTX-Al

I've looked at this hotel. The only issue I have is that you are only allowed 7 nights with there package . Each extra night is $20.

I'm staying a Richmond hotel that has a free breakfast . Going to park at the Park n Fly at YVR and take the Canada line to Canada Place . Or else a taxi from YVR to Canada Place (fixed price).

I got the Pan Pacific ( Deluxe Harbor View Double ) on the busy BC weekend for $182.58 ( $220.82 total with all taxes/fees ). I have cancelled twice and rebooked to take advantage of a price drop, and there were no penalties or any issues at all. I have called the Pan Pacific to confirm my reservation, and all is good!

Has anyone ever used Cruise Compete to book a hotel pre-cruise? Looking at Vancouver and the rates are unbelievably low.

The company Cruise Compete refers you to is LastMinuteTravel.com. They have some good contracted rates at a number of hotels, while at others they don't and quote the same rate as you can book direct with the hotel itself. So it pays to shop around their website as you can sometimes find a bargain. As to the Westin Wall Centre Vancouver airport, I was able to get it for $80 plus tax on Priceline two years ago during cruise season. So the rate you paid is quite good reasonable IMO. And it doesn't hurt that the current exchange rate between USD and CND is so favorable for us in the U.S.

Edited by BEAV