cozumel time

Tortoiselvr

I keep trying to figure out what time it will be in Cozumel vs ship's time (leaving from Galveston) in June.

Some sites I go to say it's the same time, some say that Cozumel is an hour ahead (something changed this year regarding how they do their clocks).

Can anyone tell me if Cozumel is on Central time (like Galveston) or on EST (as some sites state)?

Thanks!

I keep trying to figure out what time it will be in Cozumel vs ship's time (leaving from Galveston) in June.

Some sites I go to say it's the same time, some say that Cozumel is an hour ahead (something changed this year regarding how they do their clocks).

Can anyone tell me if Cozumel is on Central time (like Galveston) or on EST (as some sites state)?

Thanks!

Through the summer Cozumel will be on the same time as Galveston. Cozumel is on EST but are not doing daylight savings - they will remain on that time year round. Galveston is presently on summer time therefore Central Time+1.

Thanks!

deleted

Edited by zqvol

So if Cozumel is on eastern time in summer, does that mean it will be on ship time? I believe Carnival (Breeze) stays on ship time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where does the Breeze sail from and when? :confused:

So if Cozumel is on eastern time in summer, does that mean it will be on ship time? I believe Carnival (Breeze) stays on ship time?

it depends where your ship leaves from and whether your ship stays on departure port time.

Breeze is out of Miami, and from what I understand, stays on Eastern time?

Coz and the surrounding area of Mexico is now on East coast time, but does observe daylight savings time, so from now until early the US "falls back" ships sailing from FLA will be an hour ahead of Coz.

• 4 weeks later...
Cozumel went on Central Daylight time April 5, 2015 and will stay that way until October 25, 2015 when it returns to Central Standard Time

This statement is no longer correct.

Cozumel changed time zones in February 2015 and is now on EST continuously for the foreseeable future - no changes summer and winter.

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/mexico/cozumel

• 4 weeks later...

We cruised to Cozumel last week out of New Orleans, which is Central Standard Time Zone. I was worried about my excursion time because we were told to meet at 10:15am. That seemed so late to me, so I asked at Guest services if Cozumel was on ship time this time of yr and they said yes. They said Cozumel no longer participates in daylight savings time. That being said, they were on CST last week.

We cruised to Cozumel last week out of New Orleans, which is Central Standard Time Zone. I was worried about my excursion time because we were told to meet at 10:15am. That seemed so late to me, so I asked at Guest services if Cozumel was on ship time this time of yr and they said yes. They said Cozumel no longer participates in daylight savings time. That being said, they were on CST last week.

New Orleans is currently on CDT and Cozumel is on EST which for practical purposes are the same time.

I'm trying so hard to wrap my head around this! My ship leaves Tampa in November. Cozumel and ship time will be the same, if I'm reading correctly? So in my personal case I have nothing to be confused about? Or am I confused? :confused::D

I'm trying so hard to wrap my head around this! My ship leaves Tampa in November. Cozumel and ship time will be the same, if I'm reading correctly? So in my personal case I have nothing to be confused about? Or am I confused? :confused::D

The easiest way to figure it out is to download a time zone app.

We were in Cozumel two weeks ago on the Ecstasy and they told us the ship's time was one hour ahead of Cozumel time. We arrived at 1:00pm and was happy about this because it gave us extra time at Chankanaabb.

What time zone does Ecstasy depart from?