If an excursion is cancelled while cruising?

I'm on the Radiance to Alaska this summer and have a float plane excursion booked. I know that fog can sometimes be an issue in Alaska (did a Holland America cruise last year and experienced fog first-hand in Glacier Bay) regarding excursions. In the event that an excursion is cancelled by the provider during the cruise, how is your refund handled? Is it a shipboard credit? Or is it refunded to the method of payment?

I'm asking because I may well be changing banks in the next week or so (long story...I'm not happy with how a "potentially compromised card" situation is being handled), but if a refund due to cancellation goes back to the original method of payment, I'll probably just cancel now and hope that it's still available once the new account is set up and going.

I'm on the Radiance to Alaska this summer and have a float plane excursion booked. I know that fog can sometimes be an issue in Alaska (did a Holland America cruise last year and experienced fog first-hand in Glacier Bay) regarding excursions. In the event that an excursion is cancelled by the provider during the cruise, how is your refund handled? Is it a shipboard credit? Or is it refunded to the method of payment?

I'm asking because I may well be changing banks in the next week or so (long story...I'm not happy with how a "potentially compromised card" situation is being handled), but if a refund due to cancellation goes back to the original method of payment, I'll probably just cancel now and hope that it's still available once the new account is set up and going.

Initially it is applied as an OBC to your account. At the end of the cruise any remaining balance would be refunded to the credit card you set up for your Seapass account.

Initially it is applied as an OBC to your account. At the end of the cruise any remaining balance would be refunded to the credit card you set up for your Seapass account.

Thanks.

I'd put that card on when I check in at the port? (Or change it? I thought I remembered putting a card on somewhere with information, but I can't get back into it now. Clearly if I put a card in, that would have to be changed on check-in at the port anyway. I know Disney verifies the method of payment so changes can be made at port...is Royal the same?)

Thanks.

I'd put that card on when I check in at the port? (Or change it? I thought I remembered putting a card on somewhere with information, but I can't get back into it now. Clearly if I put a card in, that would have to be changed on check-in at the port anyway. I know Disney verifies the method of payment so changes can be made at port...is Royal the same?)

You enter a credit card doing the on line check in but there is no problem changing that card at the pier when you check in. I do this every cruise so that I can have a US$ visa set up for my on board account instead of my CDN credit card.

I believe the refund for a cancelled excursion depends on who you booked it with.

If booked through Royal Caribbean, even if you pre-paid using a credit card, the refund would be applied to your shipboard account.

If the excursion was booked with a third party vendor, the refund would most likely be credited to the same card you booked with.

I believe the refund for a cancelled excursion depends on who you booked it with.

If booked through Royal Caribbean, even if you pre-paid using a credit card, the refund would be applied to your shipboard account.

If the excursion was booked with a third party vendor, the refund would most likely be credited to the same card you booked with.

Booked through Royal Caribbean. Thanks! :)

We had the zip line on Labadee canceled due to wind as we were standing on the platform ready to go.

We had booked on the ship and the credit was back on our ship board account before we even made it back from the island. I was impressed!