Is there a list of Suite Perks?

Kingmaker_inc

Go to "suite perks" thread started by smokie 36 on this same page. It has a couple of very detailed lists. The most updated is toward the end of the thread.

Thanks. I saw that thread, but wasn't sure if NCL agreed with all of the listed things. Sometimes it seems to be a moving target. :)

Does the new service charge for room service apply to suites if the butler brings the food? Just curious if I have the butler bring me breakfast in the mornings will I have to pay the service charge or is that just if I call room service for food.

Does the new service charge for room service apply to suites if the butler brings the food? Just curious if I have the butler bring me breakfast in the mornings will I have to pay the service charge or is that just if I call room service for food.

Butler services are not part of the room service concept. It is entirely different, and carries no additional charge. BUT you should factor it in your tipping.

Butler services are not part of the room service concept. It is entirely different, and carries no additional charge. BUT you should factor it in your tipping.

It was my impression Haven is the only suite class that will not incur these new charges, the "s" class suites will, please correct me if I'm wrong,but all literature from ncl that has been posted, here and on the website, stated this

*Living large one week at a time*

It was my impression Haven is the only suite class that will not incur these new charges, the "s" class suites will, please correct me if I'm wrong,but all literature from ncl that has been posted, here and on the website, stated this

This is what it says in the FAQ's:

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge)*. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

*Prices subject to change.

I could be the one who is wrong. Sorry. I didn't check on the other categories... but don't butler responsibilities include bringing food to the suites, and aren't you/we paying more for the cabin because it includes that service?

I could be the one who is wrong. Sorry. I didn't check on the other categories... but don't butler responsibilities include bringing food to the suites, and aren't you/we paying more for the cabin because it includes that service?

Yes their duties do include room service delivery, rather DID, now if you suite is "S" class it would seem you will say good bye to $8. I don't like it one bit, but I'm sure they will work this out in time. Suite guest should not go quietly into the night on this issue, especially on vessels with no haven, why bother booking a suite on the older ships if your going to get pick pocketed for a service you've paid a premium for

Yes their duties do include room service delivery, rather DID, now if you suite is "S" class it would seem you will say good bye to $8. I don't like it one bit, but I'm sure they will work this out in time. Suite guest should not go quietly into the night on this issue, especially on vessels with no haven, why bother booking a suite on the older ships if your going to get pick pocketed for a service you've paid a premium for

Fully agree. (You and I are in lock-sync today!)

The charges have only been imposed on the BA and GA. They do not have 'S' suites, only haven suites, so that is why the wording is that way.

I guess I'll just have to keep checking NCL's policy as they roll out the room service charges on other ships. We'll be in an 'S' class suite on the Dawn so it would be nice to know ahead of time what to expect.

Hmmm, so if we have the UDP in the suite & order a lunch from say 'Le Bistro' to be delivered to our suite, we will incur a charge of $8 for that?!

Not sure if butler can bring you drinks too, say 2 mai tais (if we have the UBP)?

If they did, would that incur the $8 charge too?

Man, was looking forward to the 'suite' life, but not if we are paying $8 every time we get something delivered. :(

We did of course planning a few dollars each time we got a delivery to our cabin, as well as a large tip at the end of the cruise.

from Cruise News >

Norwegian Cruise Line Adds Room Service Charge

April 1, 2015

Norwegian Breakaway

(2 p.m. EDT) -- If you're ordering room service onboard Norwegian Breakaway or Getaway in the near future, you will notice a new charge. Norwegian Cruise Line is testing an enhanced room service menu on Breakaway-class ships that incurs a convenience charge of up to $7.95 per order. Room service orders by Haven and suite passengers will not be charged the convenience fee.

"The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours," said Vanessa Picariello, a spokeswoman with Norwegian.

No comment yet on whether this charge will roll out to the rest of the fleet.

The new room service fee comes shortly after the cruise line instated an automatic 18 percent gratuity on all specialty and entertainment dining.

Fees for room service, while not unheard of, are still unusual for a mainstream cruise line. Regal Princess instituted a $3 service fee as a test when the ship debuted but revoked it after passengers complained. Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas charges for certain hot menu items.

Members on the Cruise Critic forums are voicing concerns over what they feel like are a slew of new fees. "I can't book with them at this point for future cruises because I do not know what fees they will impose for items that I was told I had already paid for," writes member NYteacher. "For my cruise that starts in five days, I was lied to and not given a choice."

Countered Baseball_fan: "I am not happy with all of the new fees/increased fees. However, when I booked my fall TA, my other cruise lines of choice were considerably more than NCL. NCL will still be much cheaper."

from Cruise News >

Norwegian Cruise Line Adds Room Service Charge

April 1, 2015

Norwegian Breakaway

(2 p.m. EDT) -- If you're ordering room service onboard Norwegian Breakaway or Getaway in the near future, you will notice a new charge. Norwegian Cruise Line is testing an enhanced room service menu on Breakaway-class ships that incurs a convenience charge of up to $7.95 per order. Room service orders by Haven and suite passengers will not be charged the convenience fee.

"The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours," said Vanessa Picariello, a spokeswoman with Norwegian.

No comment yet on whether this charge will roll out to the rest of the fleet.

The new room service fee comes shortly after the cruise line instated an automatic 18 percent gratuity on all specialty and entertainment dining.

Fees for room service, while not unheard of, are still unusual for a mainstream cruise line. Regal Princess instituted a $3 service fee as a test when the ship debuted but revoked it after passengers complained. Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas charges for certain hot menu items.

Members on the Cruise Critic forums are voicing concerns over what they feel like are a slew of new fees. "I can't book with them at this point for future cruises because I do not know what fees they will impose for items that I was told I had already paid for," writes member NYteacher. "For my cruise that starts in five days, I was lied to and not given a choice."

Countered Baseball_fan: "I am not happy with all of the new fees/increased fees. However, when I booked my fall TA, my other cruise lines of choice were considerably more than NCL. NCL will still be much cheaper."

That article seems to contradict the literature from NCL directly, it would make more sense if this were true, not like Internet has ever lied before or anything[emoji19]

If you look on NCL website, click on help and FAQ. go down to Money Matters and there is a section about the new Room Service Fee. I just looked at it again today and it has changed from what they posted last week!!!

I copied it last week and see that they have changed the phrase," Room Service orders placed by guests sailing in SUITES and The Haven will not attract a charge". I called last week and was reassured our Suite would not be charged.

I also copied the Amenities on Suites and Penthouses page from NCL.com.

It clearly shows 24 Hour Room Service as one of the amenities.

I will look on website now and see if that has been erased.

Who knows what we will actually get when we sail??? They can change anything, at anytime, apparently.

If you look on NCL website, click on help and FAQ. go down to Money Matters and there is a section about the new Room Service Fee. I just looked at it again today and it has changed from what they posted last week!!!

I copied it last week and see that they have changed the phrase," Room Service orders placed by guests sailing in SUITES and The Haven will not attract a charge". I called last week and was reassured our Suite would not be charged.

I also copied the Amenities on Suites and Penthouses page from NCL.com.

It clearly shows 24 Hour Room Service as one of the amenities.

I will look on website now and see if that has been erased.

Who knows what we will actually get when we sail??? They can change anything, at anytime, apparently.

Thanks phissy for checking on the suite room service charge. It was my understanding that suites would not be charged so I guess this newest "edit" confirms this for all of us.