Liberty - Inside Cabin?

My wife and I are looking for a brief getaway while our kids spend a week at camp, and Liberty's Bermuda cruise that departs on June 27 looks great, except for the price! We are looking for a treat, not a splurge.

Although we've usually gotten balcony cabins in the past, we wonder what the experience is like with an inside cabin. Will we feel claustrophobic? Since we would spend the absolute minimum amount of time in the cabin, how are the public areas for just relaxing, viewing the sea, feeling the breeze?

Another alternative is to wait until a week or two before sailing to see if we can get a last-minute bargain basement price for a balcony. Any idea how low they might go -- or even if it's likely any would be available? Do you think we could get down into the $2000/cabin range for this 5 night cruise?

Eager to hear any advice or experience!

Will we feel claustrophobic? Since we would spend the absolute minimum amount of time in the cabin...

No offense intended but people often say this and it seems a little odd to me. I mean, we go back to the cabin several times a day, to freshen up, use our own bathroom, take a quick nap (or not :D ), grab the camera or binoculars, just get away for a few minutes of peace and quiet... therefore, we prefer a balcony and consider it to be an extension of the cabin, if you will. "Will we feel claustrophobic?" could be answered differently by everyone who replies here. In my opinion, an inside is claustrophobic. Am I wrong? Is that incorrect? Well, not if you're me.... :p:D

Do what feels right for you.

I would feel claustrophobic...I don't know how you'll feel! I do NOT like electric lights in the daytime. My mother thinks that since the inside cabins get all the same stuff as a balcony, that it's fine. She's quite happy with an interior cabin!

Edited by cb at sea

Do those have windows out to the Promenade? Is it loud?

-Jeff

Yes, sorta like a little bay window with seating. You can hears parades and the like but unless you turn in really early it won't be an issue - especially on higher decks. We've usually been just one deck up and not had any issues.

Should be able to find pics, try

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Liberty-of-the-Seas

We had connecting deck 6 promenade cabins on the liberty last week. There is definitely noise during parades and parties but we were so tired that we fell asleep anyway (and I am a light sleeper). I prefer the PR rooms over inside - I like to at least have a window.

Edited by rstout

Having stayed in insides, Promenade rooms, and balconies before, I haven't had any issues with any of them. I find in any type of room, the size is a bit of a shock on the first day until I get everything put away and the luggage under the bed. After that, I'm used to it and not at all bothered by insides. I don't personally find them claustrophobic feeling. One tip - book a "large interior room" if possible rather than the smaller 150 square foot ones - the extra bit of space makes a difference.

Having said that, I do still prefer Promenade rooms to insides - as others have said, you can hear the parades and parties, but they're short lived and generally over by 11pm. Aside from that, just remember to keep the curtains closed when you need privacy to avoid giving everyone a free show! :)

You could always chance it and book an inside or promenade and keep an eye on prices closer to that date - if there are any price drops in the higher categories, you'll be able to upgrade (and pay the price difference if applicable). I've had decent luck with that during the off season, but I wouldn't count on it happening with a popular ship in a new destination during the summer.

Good luck and happy cruising! :)