What kind of deal might I get for the 12/5/15 Island Panama 30 days before sailing?

ALB0711

Thanks CC'ers for all the replies and ideas!

We are planning for the fill transit Ft Lauderdale to LA on 12/5. Per one recommendation, I will check prices daily, if a balcony price pops up under $1000 I think I'll grab it without waiting until 30 days prior to sailing.

Allen

I just checked the Princess site. I'm showing the 12/5/2015 FLL - LA cruise on Island Princess with a balcony cost of $2,499 and interior cabins for $1,899. Do you really expect to snag a balcony cabin on that cruise for under $1,000?

EfSEcG0pGBdDT+H7D05mnApH5lAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I just checked the Princess site. I'm showing the 12/5/2015 FLL - LA cruise on Island Princess with a balcony cost of $2,499 and interior cabins for $1,899. Do you really expect to snag a balcony cabin on that cruise for under $1,000?

EfSEcG0pGBdDT+H7D05mnApH5lAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

That's pretty much what our cruise has been at for 18 months and is now sold out. There never was a sale to speak of. :eek:

That's pretty much what our cruise has been at for 18 months and is now sold out. There never was a sale to speak of. :eek:

Ours too. I'm a frequent price-checker and the cruise never came down at all. We booked quite a while back and I kept watching and checking but the ship filled up and the price never dropped. I have a feeling that's how my June 2016 Alaska cruisetour is going to be as well. However, we wanted the cruise so we booked it. Price drops and upgrades are very cool when they happen (and I have had both happen) but some cruises are pretty much guaranteed to sell out and Princess has no reason to discount those sailings.

For the OP's sake one can always hope that the sailing they are interested in is a less popular one due to the time of year, etc. They may be able to get a price drop but they originally saw a price of $2,149 and it's now $2,499. Hoping for less than $1,000 seems very optimistic.

Those of use here on cc certainly do seem to suffer from first world problems. :) (Frankly, I'm amazed that I ever reached a point in my life where I am able to cruise. Amazed and extremely pleased!)

I hope you make the decision that best suits you. Princess does seem to drop prices on some cruises 30-60 days out. I would be a little more concerned about Panama Canal cruises. I would say think about your risk tolerance and decide.:):)

Sincerely, best of luck to you.

Princess only has about 6 Panama Canal cruises per year. They used to be done continously every two weeks from Christmas until the start of the Alaska season.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Edited by Kamloops50