Has anyone cruised in cabin 6000 on Insignia

wenjoyjack

We considered and rejected this cabin due to noise issues as well as motion.

On Easter Sunday we were at an early morning service in the Lounge and at one point the noise from the bow was very loud - juddering probably best describes it. It could have been the bow thrusters, was definitely mechanical. I'd also be worried about anchor noise in tender ports. Stateroom 6000 is just above the Insignia Lounge. As soon as I heard that noise I was glad we'd not chosen a bow cabin.

Also, the front of the balcony is solid metal rather than a rail so you can't see through it.

• 1 month later...

Thank goodness we were advised not to take this cabin. Seas were rough and the movement and banging were much much worse in this location. We met another couple who rejected it also. Just before we embarked in Sydney due to big seas, some people in this location slept in the library and Martinis. Thank you for the good advice.

We haven't been in 6000 but we WERE in a Deck 7 VS on Insignia in June '06. We didn't have problems with rough seas (and I'm sensitive about motion although DH is not) but it WAS very loud coming into port in the mornings. We just turned over and went back to sleep but people who are particularly sensitive to noise might not want to have to deal with that.

Mura

P.S. I just recalled that we did have a couple of days of rough seas ... I've been remembering that the bad weather was going into Dublin but according to my diary it was sailing to Iceland from Torshavn.

Edited by Mura

We were in the VS next to this cabin. There was a massive storm going into Barcelona that lasted all night. It was horrendous as were the previous several nights which were just average rough. There is also the noise from the stage below on many afternoons and each evening. Our decision was never again. We now only cruise in the aft of the R ships.

We were just in 6000 on Regatta, so same thing. The good thing was that we were transiting the Panama Canal, and 6000 was a spectacular location for that - our personal front seat for that experience. Outside the Canal, we did experience mechanical noise from the bow just below our veranda from early-morning port arrivals. Noise from the lounge wasn't too bad, we did hear rehearsal, but all was quiet after the show. The two days from Cabo to San Francisco featured quite heavy seas, the weather decks were closed, and we did experience quite a bit of motion. Finally, the shape of the superstructure in that location meant that there was little to no sun protection over the veranda, and I had the sunburn to prove it.

Bottom line: an unforgettable place to experience the Panama Canal. Otherwise, we wouldn't want that location again. Missed seeing the ocean go by under the veranda.