Sunshine Aft Wraps

camper49

Camper49, We had the aft wrap on 7th deck last June. We really loved the balcony. We had starboard side. Cabin was ok . there was some motion felt when you lay on your bed. Also near the bathroom at night you could hear like a vacuum whooshing sound every few hours. All in all we had a great cruise.

If I were you, I would look at the deck maps for the ship. That's what I did when I book my aft wrap on the Glory for next year. Deck 6 looks like their balconies are aft and corner, with really no balcony on the side. Deck 7 looks like it's the opposite: corner and side with no real aft section. Deck 8 looks like it has the best of all three (aft, corner and side), but the rooms themselves definitely appear to be smaller. Anyway, I am obviously no expert, but that's what I used as a guide. Good luck!

Are the cabins all the same? I assume deck seven is the better choice because it is has cabins above and below?

Check out post number 11 for a photo of the balconies:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1327622

The cabins are differing sizes. I chose 8333 because the aft-wrap balcony is longer (when Sunshine was Destiny).

See my thread for pictures of Premium Vista Aft wrap balcony 6373. We are on the Sunshine 8/8/2015 in this cabin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2174411&highlight=sunshine

We are told this balcony is huge. It has cabins above and below. Just FYI...Lido deck is above Deck 8 and the Havanna Bar is above the Aft Cabins. The was a deciding factor for us when we booked. I never like public areas above or below the cabin we are in.

Edited by J and J

They are not all the same. Floor 5 (I think??) is a Vista Suite with a two room config.

Floor 5, specifically rooms 5340 and 5341 are 2 room Ocean Suites, but do not have wrap balcony. I just got back from staying in 5341, it was great. Good location too.

I'm actually surprised they don't classify this suite as a Grand Suite since it felt MUCH larger than the Ocean Suite I stayed in on the Splendor. We wish it had the wrap balcony, but the balcony was big enough and the room was huge!

Here's pictures:

dcVq1O.jpg

z7U0yl.jpg

edbVFx.jpg

CQA9Eo.jpg

6u33Fs.jpg

b5RocD.jpg

Floor 5, specifically rooms 5340 and 5341 are 2 room Ocean Suites, but do not have wrap balcony. I just got back from staying in 5341, it was great. Good location too.

I'm actually surprised they don't classify this suite as a Grand Suite since it felt MUCH larger than the Ocean Suite I stayed in on the Splendor. We wish it had the wrap balcony, but the balcony was big enough and the room was huge!

Here's pictures:

dcVq1O.jpg

z7U0yl.jpg

edbVFx.jpg

CQA9Eo.jpg

6u33Fs.jpg

b5RocD.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Pretty darn nice!

We stayed in the aftwrap on Deck 6 last May. The new cabins are below it on deck 5. We never experienced any noises.

If you look at my signature, there is a review. There are photos of the cabin and balcony in the beginning part of the review.

sailingwithfriends...it was your great review and pictures that helped us decide on our cabin 6373 : ) Much appreciated!!!! Huge Thank You!!

Thanks for the pics. Pretty darn nice!

jimbo5544 - aren't you on our 8/8/2015 Sunshine cruise? You are more then welcome to check our cabin 6373 out. You have a cool cabin booked as well if I remember right.

In the end, we chose this cabin because of the sea day Lido deck crowding (and the Aft view of the sea is my favorite). My DH is up super early to work out but me depending on the previous evening activities, am never in a hurry to get up! So we figure too crowded? Lounge on our own deck, run down to 5 and grab our drinks. Win, Win I hope. Just need some good tunes for my IPad and a little Bose speaker and we'll be all set.

jimbo5544 - aren't you on our 8/8/2015 Sunshine cruise? You are more then welcome to check our cabin 6373 out. You have a cool cabin booked as well if I remember right.

In the end, we chose this cabin because of the sea day Lido deck crowding (and the Aft view of the sea is my favorite). My DH is up super early to work out but me depending on the previous evening activities, am never in a hurry to get up! So we figure too crowded? Lounge on our own deck, run down to 5 and grab our drinks. Win, Win I hope. Just need some good tunes for my IPad and a little Bose speaker and we'll be all set.

We sure are! Sorry for not recognizing you. Would love to see the cabin. Welcome you to see ours (the Captains suite) as well. Will suggest a cabin crawl on the roll call. Good idea. ;)