Liberty Of The Seas Bar Service

Thanks for all the info.

We leave on 5/6 and have a few days to decide if the Select or Premium package will be right for us. I was surprised to hear about the sharp increases in drink prices. We bought the packages last year but it was only for the 4 day cruise but this one in 10 days. Not sure if I can drink like that for 10 days... lol.

I read that Liberty does not have the Coke machines... really? They are the best... can someone confirm.

Thanks.

Skyking -

Tell us more about the ribs.

Was there a charge for them?

beef or pork?

sides?

Thanks for all the info.

We leave on 5/6 and have a few days to decide if the Select or Premium package will be right for us. I was surprised to hear about the sharp increases in drink prices. We bought the packages last year but it was only for the 4 day cruise but this one in 10 days. Not sure if I can drink like that for 10 days... lol.

I read that Liberty does not have the Coke machines... really? They are the best... can someone confirm.

Thanks.

I can confirm the here are NO freestyle machines.

Thanks for the reviews skyking. Liberty is our favourite - up to now. Sailed on her the past two summers. Moving to Allure now for this summer. Hope we're not disappointed.

I loved the Allure! Enough to sail on her twice (E & W Carib). I was hesitant due to her massive size. Now I'm hesitant about downsizing to the Liberty.

I loved the Allure! Enough to sail on her twice (E & W Carib). I was hesitant due to her massive size. Now I'm hesitant about downsizing to the Liberty.

My word I know Liberty isn't a bohemith like the Oasis class, but the girl ain't no Nordic Prince either! Liberty is big with an attitude to match! I highly recommend into the air! She is in great shape and a ton of fun things to do and see or just chilling up at crown vik or promenade people watching with a drink and some chocolate pops!

My word I know Liberty isn't a bohemith like the Oasis class, but the girl ain't no Nordic Prince either! Liberty is big with an attitude to match! I highly recommend into the air! She is in great shape and a ton of fun things to do and see or just chilling up at crown vik or promenade people watching with a drink and some chocolate pops!

Your comparison is so funny! I read about how awesome the Air show is. People watching is one of my favorites. The one big plus is that Liberty IS smaller and not as overwhelming as the Allure. I felt I didn't have enough days to experience it all; unfortunately we have only 5 nights.

Your comparison is so funny! I read about how awesome the Air show is. People watching is one of my favorites. The one big plus is that Liberty IS smaller and not as overwhelming as the Allure. I felt I didn't have enough days to experience it all; unfortunately we have only 5 nights.

I thought it was pretty creative for 3am! How far Royal has come from NP and the other 2 ships! No climbing wooden ladders.

I never been on an Oasis class and actually being on Liberty; I don't want to for now! I think Liberty is like a boutique mall where as Allure and Oasis are Mall of America!

I didn't get to see everything on Liberty during my 5 day! I missed getting to at least 2 lounges they were all closed on port days! I couldn't believe I was watching a full on ice show that was great and an hour later I was at a full production of Saturday Night Fever! When they brought out the floor it is like oh no you didn't! It was a joy! Cast was great! Just like any ship in the fleet there are so many incredible finds and surprises! I just felt you spent so much time trying to get to where you wanted to go all the time! It has too be twice as bad on Oasis class!

Radiance and Vision class do not give that feel, but there toys are limited, but I love the Radiance water elevators and back patio! Beyond loved Vision crn aft! No cow bells like some balconies on the Oasis class. On Vision deck 8 a pure true private wrapped part of the balcony!

I would give a Freedom class a chance! Maybe downsize to Quantum or her Sister! Enjoy!

Hi all,

I'm purchasing the "select" package because I drink more beer than mixed drinks. My question is, if I buy a mixed drink, will I pay the difference between the two, since I paid for a package? example: beer $7.50 & mixed drink $12 = difference of $4.50

Thanks for any info!!

Heather :)

(sailing in 8 days)

Hi all,

I'm purchasing the "select" package because I drink more beer than mixed drinks. My question is, if I buy a mixed drink, will I pay the difference between the two, since I paid for a package? example: beer $7.50 & mixed drink $12 = difference of $4.50

Thanks for any info!!

Heather :)

(sailing in 8 days)

Same answer as the two other threads, the Select package gives no credit for mixed drinks.

I can confirm the here are NO freestyle machines.

Thanks skyking.... my husband is so disappointed that Liberty does not have the Coke freestyle machines, loved them on Explorer and Majesty. He has to drink non-caffeinated and the machines have the only options.

I wonder why Liberty doesn't have them?

We're thinking of getting the Premium drink package but for a 10 day cruise; but it's big bucks for the 2 of us and that's a lot of drinking!

Thanks skyking.... my husband is so disappointed that Liberty does not have the Coke freestyle machines, loved them on Explorer and Majesty. He has to drink non-caffeinated and the machines have the only options.

I wonder why Liberty doesn't have them?

We're thinking of getting the Premium drink package but for a 10 day cruise; but it's big bucks for the 2 of us and that's a lot of drinking!

Daisy L any of the ships that do Europe and beyond do not have them, because Europe doesn't have those flavor packets styles. It preplexes me as to why they can't stock the ships and run to there gone and go to the soda guns and cans! Royal must know how much they would need. Rumors were flying for a bit that she was going to get one!

On the May 16th cruise to Bermuda. Have not cruised for 5 years. I am trying to figure out if its worth it to invest in a drink pkg. My wife and I are not big drinkers. Can someone please tell me what the cost of a mixed drink will be on board. Thank you in advance fo your helpful replies !

On the May 16th cruise to Bermuda. Have not cruised for 5 years. I am trying to figure out if its worth it to invest in a drink pkg. My wife and I are not big drinkers. Can someone please tell me what the cost of a mixed drink will be on board. Thank you in advance fo your helpful replies !

Most all drinks are between $10 and $12 now, before 18% gratuity.

Hello! DH, friends and I will be cruising Oct. 8 on Liberty out of Bayonne. SO excited!

I have a question regarding the "Select" drink package that includes beer. Does anyone know if that package also includes bottled water? Apologies if that has already been asked!

Also, does anyone have an opinion on where the best coffee is on board? I've read there is no Starbucks :( Is there hot water available for teabags? If so where? On Radiance, our last cruise, there was always hot water available in the Solarium. Since we are cruising in October I am thinking more "hot tea and coffee" than frozen drinks, thinking it will be cold outside. I'm from the south :)

Thanks for any info!

Edited by SLYScorpions

Hello! DH, friends and I will be cruising Oct. 9 on Liberty out of Bayonne. SO excited!

I have a question regarding the "Select" drink package that includes beer. Does anyone know if that package also includes bottled water? Apologies if that has already been asked!

Also, does anyone have an opinion on where the best coffee is on board? I've read there is no Starbucks :( Is there hot water available for teabags? If so where? On Radiance, our last cruise, there was always hot water available in the Solarium. Since we are cruising in October I am thinking more "hot tea and coffee" than frozen drinks, thinking it will be cold outside. I'm from the south :)

Thanks for any info!

The Select package does not include any bottled water.

Cafe Promenade has hot water, tea bags, and regular coffee. Also packets of hot chocolate mix. All included in the cruise fare.

Edited by clarea

The Select package does not include any bottled water.

Cafe Promenade has hot water, tea bags, and reguluar coffee. Also packets of hot chocolate mix. All included in the cruise fare.

Thank you Bob. One more question regarding drink packages...do you still pay a gratuity on each drink if you have a drink package?

Thanks!

Thank you Bob. One more question regarding drink packages...do you still pay a gratuity on each drink if you have a drink package?

Thanks!

You pay the gratuity when you initially purchase the drink package. No additional gratuity is charged when you order drinks.