Is Splendor coming back to Long Beach?

InTheWASide

Is it too much to ask to get a hamburger or a burrito?[emoji16]

The only time I got food poisoning on any cruise (and I always eat in port) was when I ate Mexican food on a ship.

I tried the Burrito bar on the Splendor and thought it tasted like the burritos made with mystery meat I had when I lived in my college dorm.:eek: The tortilla was not a traditional tortilla. It was thicker and spongier. You would think if Carnival goes to Mexico multiple times a week, they would learn how to make Mexican food. :rolleyes:

I'll stick with what the chefs know how to make on the Splendor: Indian.

Wonder when this announcement will be announced. John Heald said there would be one more BIG dancing move. And I think that BIG has something to do with Splendor. Hmm

I hope they announce it soon! :D

• 2 weeks later...
It's been how long already? Like 3 weeks? LOL they'll announce it EVENTUALLY. Hopefully before summer ends I'm hoping?

yea, can they just announce shes coming back home to long beach already? :D

Already halfway into the year and still no announcement, pretty ridiculous if you ask me :rolleyes::) I feel bad for the people who are waiting on those itineraries.

I totally agree! Princess already announced theirs all at once instead of a series of slow announcement. Why can't they just announce all the Itineraries all at once like the other lines do?? Hopefully we will know before the year ends Lol!

Edited by Alexv500

Can't help but notice John Heald posted lots of pictures of Cabo today, specifically all had Splendor in the photo. There was also an individual post asking if people have been on Splendor before. And he has, from time to time, used photos and random posts to hint at things like this.

Could this be a hint that Splendor is coming back? If so that seems like it would also mean another round of South America cruises.

Thoughts?

Don't know what the plans for the Splendor are but I am booked on her on Sept 6th for a New England/Canada cruise out of New York.

I totally agree! Princess already announced theirs all at once instead of a series of slow announcement. Why can't they just announce all the Itineraries all at once like the other lines do?? Hopefully we will know before the year ends Lol!

They like to inflict P.A.I.N. in vacation planning?

We sailed Splendor from Long Beach for a week years ago when it was pretty new. Had a good time, enjoyed the special spa pool too. We thought it was a value at the time we sailed her.

Most Carnival West Coasters I have spoken with would rather have Breeze!

Edited by eponym

I would rather keep the Miracle. I love Spirit Class ships. Smaller, less crowded, and a 2 story night club with no smoking on the bottom (dance floor) floor. Plus a spacious Serenity area with jacuzzi and pool.

Give me the Miracle/Legend any day.

Bob

They like to inflict P.A.I.N. in vacation planning?

We sailed Splendor from Long Beach for a week years ago when it was pretty new. Had a good time, enjoyed the special spa pool too. We thought it was a value at the time we sailed her.

The chances of us getting the Breeze on the West Coast are as high as the chances of Royal Caribbean sending the Oasis of the Seas here LOL! It would be amazing to have such a grand ship as the Breeze here, but they would NEVERR send it here. We will be lucky if we even get Splendor back! I'm really hoping they send her back!

I would rather keep the Miracle. I love Spirit Class ships. Smaller, less crowded, and a 2 story night club with no smoking on the bottom (dance floor) floor. Plus a spacious Serenity area with jacuzzi and pool.

Give me the Miracle/Legend any day.

Bob

I mean in lieu of Splendor. There are 10 million people that live in the greater Los Angeles area, and there is a lot of money there to take.

Edited by eponym

The chances of us getting the Breeze on the West Coast are as high as the chances of Royal Caribbean sending the Oasis of the Seas here LOL! It would be amazing to have such a grand ship as the Breeze here, but they would NEVERR send it here...

I don't have a validated answer to that in reply so I must ask. Why is that? See my post above.

Edited by eponym

I don't have a validated answer to that in reply so I must ask. Why is that? See my post above.

Carnival doesn't care for the west coast, they don't see that many many people would love to cruise on a great ship, but they don't give us a chance. They want to send their new ships to place where they are going to make a lot of $$$$ such as Miami and apparently Galveston now because that's where they are sending the Breeze in late 2016. I don't get why they have to send it to Texas out of all places, but that's what they're doing sadly. However, you got Princess who does send great ships to the west coast, they care for us and send us great ships. They recently sent their former flagship the Ruby Princess over here and I was lucky enough to sail on her in March, and it was a very beautiful and grand ship!

Carnival doesn't care for the west coast, they don't see that many many people would love to cruise on a great ship, but they don't give us a chance. They want to send their new ships to place where they are going to make a lot of $$$$ such as Miami and apparently Galveston now because that's where they are sending the Breeze in late 2016. I don't get why they have to send it to Texas out of all places, but that's what they're doing sadly. However, you got Princess who does send great ships to the west coast, they care for us and send us great ships. They recently sent their former flagship the Ruby Princess over here and I was lucky enough to sail on her in March, and it was a very beautiful and grand ship!

Where did Ruby sail to?

Yeah, Galveston Texas is no where near the market size of Los Angeles.

Edited by eponym

Where did Ruby sail to?

Yeah, Galveston Texas is no where near the market size of Los Angeles.

Ruby was from Ft. Lauderdale and she sailed around South America and arrived in LA in March. And from there I sailed on her first voyage from here to the Mexican Riviera. Amazing trip, beautiful ship, and I had a great time!