Whales in Alaska - when and where?

Luluwa

We booked a whale watching excursion through Harv & Marv's in Juneau late June in 2012. It was awesome. Also saw whales many times from our Balcony. The naturalist onboard announces over the loud speakers anytime they see some.

Head over to the Alaska boards. Whale watches are 100% sightings of humpbacks out of Juneau. The above information is way too general, sorry. I was on the Miracle for 3 weeks last summer, along with 4 additional Alaska cruises. It is NOT common for any announcements. Michelle does give an informative program on whales, that would be of benefit on areas as well.

On the Alaska board, I give very specific information on sighting stats.

I am also assuming you are taking a Carnival cruise? When?

Whale are seen the entire Alaska cruise season.

We sailed the first week of June and we saw whales right off our balcony several times during the week. The first time I saw a tail come out of the water it completely shocked me! Definitely bring your binoculars!

Yes Budget Queen Carnival for sure but month still not sure but Juneau sounds like

A good choice for whales

If you are open to timeframe. With the Seattle sailings, you can get looks of the humpback migration in May. on the first and last sea sailing day. Taking the mid May trip, has good sightings both days.

There is a post a few days back that has very specific information on whale sighting areas from a cruise ship. I also highly recommend the whale watch tours out of Juneau.

Edited by Budget Queen