UDP and meals in your suite

wildwanderer

If you request a meal from a speciality restaurant via your butler in your suite will that be covered by the UDP program?

With two little ones and the specialties getting more use, I thought it might be a better choice to dine in the suite.

Take care - Thea

If you request a meal from a speciality restaurant via your butler in your suite will that be covered by the UDP program?

With two little ones and the specialties getting more use, I thought it might be a better choice to dine in the suite.

Take care - Thea

Yes, enjoy!

Harriet

My husband and I have been going back on forth about getting the UDP for ours (we had it last time and loved it), and I was telling him that we might just have dinner delivered to the suite instead of trying to get reservations. We were wondering how hard it would be to get reservations with the UDP being offered as a promo.

Besides, he hates to dress up so I figure dining in our room would be the way to go on the night I want something from Le Bistro!

Take care - Thea

Yes, enjoy!

Harriet

Is this correct? I know the butler will serve a meal in your suite from any specialty, and we have done that ( we paid the cover charge ), but I thought the UDP specifically excluded room service just as the UBP excludes drinks in the room via room service. :confused:

Edited by punkincc

Is this correct? I know the butler will serve a meal in your suite from any specialty, and we have done that ( we paid the cover charge ), but I thought the UDP specifically excluded room service just as the UBP excludes drinks in the room via room service. :confused:

If you are in a suite a good butler will accomodate you to the very best of their ability. Suites have always been able to get a meal from a specialty restaurant (except Teppenyaki or Moderno) served ensuite. Regular cabins never have. NCL definately needs to make this happen for their suite guests.

I checked the Terms and Conditions as well as the FAQ and there is no mention that it is or is not included with the UDP.

When I check out Heaven and Suites it says:

Specialty dining delivered to your suite from any restaurant (cover charges apply) (however if one has the UDP there is no cover charge.

White tablecloth in-suite dining

Harriet

We traveled with friends who had the UDP and UBP. We were both in suites. One evening our butler delivered dinner for the 4 of us to our suite. We had one dinner from Le Bistro, one from Orchid Garden and 2 from the main dining room. In addition our friends also ordered drinks with their meal. All of it was delivered with no problem and no charge.

We did have the amazing Putu as our butler, and made sure we gave him plenty of time to coordinate everything. He was also tipped well by us.

Enjoy!

I checked the Terms and Conditions as well as the FAQ and there is no mention that it is or is not included with the UDP.

When I check out Heaven and Suites it says:

Specialty dining delivered to your suite from any restaurant (cover charges apply) (however if one has the UDP there is no cover charge.

White tablecloth in-suite dining

Harriet

Thanks, Hariett. I was looking in the T&Cs under the UDP and not finding any reference to suites. Never doubted that you could not have anything you desire delivered to a suite, just about the associated charge, if any. I assume the same would apply for drinks in a suite under the UBP then even though the UBP terms specifically exclude drinks in cabin? It just seems a little inconsistent to make me pay additional for a drink ordered in my balcony cabin with the UBP, but I would get it for no additional charge if I was in a suite.

Well, who says NCL needs to be consistent?;). Guess it pays to cruise in a suite!:)

Thanks, Hariett. I was looking in the T&Cs under the UDP and not finding any reference to suites. Never doubted that you could not have anything you desire delivered to a suite, just about the associated charge, if any. I assume the same would apply for drinks in a suite under the UBP then even though the UBP terms specifically exclude drinks in cabin? It just seems a little inconsistent to make me pay additional for a drink ordered in my balcony cabin with the UBP, but I would get it for no additional charge if I was in a suite.

Well, who says NCL needs to be consistent?;). Guess it pays to cruise in a suite!:)

No, even if you have the UBP, my understanding is that it is not included if delivered to the room. Let me check to see if I can find it......

Okay, it says, "The Ultimate Beverage Package is not applicable in the Ice Bars, Room Service, or mini-bar purchases, or fresh squeezed juices."

So I'm going to assume (which I know one should never do) that it does not include bringing it to a cabin.....even if in the Haven and/or Suites. Maybe someone actually has done it can can reply.

Harriet

We traveled with friends who had the UDP and UBP. We were both in suites. One evening our butler delivered dinner for the 4 of us to our suite. We had one dinner from Le Bistro, one from Orchid Garden and 2 from the main dining room. In addition our friends also ordered drinks with their meal. All of it was delivered with no problem and no charge.

We did have the amazing Putu as our butler, and made sure we gave him plenty of time to coordinate everything. He was also tipped well by us.

Enjoy!

Hmmm, interesting! When you say drinks, you mean cocktails/wine, etc., correct? Not Ice tea, etc.?

And you say there was no charge at all for the drinks or gratuity, etc.?

Harriet

I am interested to hear if anyone has been in a suite & had the UBP & did or did not get drinks delivered to their cabin.

Was hoping to get a few fruity alcoholic drinks delivered to our suite to sip on, on our balcony. But no biggie if we can't. But would be nice!

I am interested to hear if anyone has been in a suite & had the UBP & did or did not get drinks delivered to their cabin.

Was hoping to get a few fruity alcoholic drinks delivered to our suite to sip on, on our balcony. But no biggie if we can't. But would be nice!

Yes, you will definitely get drinks delivered to the suite by the Butler. But the question is, since the UBP specifically excludes drinks ordered via "room service", does this also apply to suites? The butler handles everything for suites normally handled through room service. In my non suite balcony cabin, even if I had the UBP, I would still pay for each drink IF it was delivered to the cabin. So does this apply in suites as well?

Hmmm, interesting! When you say drinks, you mean cocktails/wine, etc., correct? Not Ice tea, etc.?

And you say there was no charge at all for the drinks or gratuity, etc.?

Harriet

One of them ordered a glass of wine and the other ordered a cocktail. We were in an Owner's suite so we had liquor in the suite for us. The butler delivered the cocktails with the dinner order and there was no charge with the UBP. However, our friends were told that they couldn't just order a drink to be delivered to the cabin under the UBP. My guess is that since it was delivered as part of "dinner service" they weren't charged. Or it could have just been our butler. After all, you can order drinks in the Haven Courtyard area with the UBP, but technically not to your cabin.

As usual with NCL there is no simple answer! LOL! I can only tell you our experience.

We were in the penthouse with large balcony. All food & beverages were delivered by butler with no extra charges. However, you would tip your butler accordingly.

If you are in a suite or higher, ask your butler to provide menu's from all restaurants for the week & you won't miss anything!

Thanks everyone here is the next question should I tip the butler when he provides this service like $10 or $ 20. If the butler provides a service like that do you tip right away, when you have kids this will remove so many possible issues for us and really make the vacation so much more lovely I would want them to understand how much I appreciate them. Or do I just save it all till the end?

Thanks for all the replies our first suite may really ruin us for anything else.

Take care - Thea:)

Our first suite was on the Pearl . We had our butler deliver dinner to our suite and when we tried to,tip,him for that service, he declined and stated," please save all the tips for the end of the cruise".

So, we enjoyed his great service and attitude and tipped,him generously with a tip and written thank you note at the end of our cruise. I always pack small Thank You cards when we cruise. For room stewards etc.

I always pack Thank you cards as well, figuring they probably dump it once they get the money but figure if I can personalize it a little so they know what really was great if nothing else. I know families with children often have a bad reputation for tipping poorly so I don't want them to think we are going to ask for the moon and stiff them at the end.

Take care- Thea