Embarkment question

Lulubelle45

All three of my Princess cruises boarded on the Promenade deck, which includes the Coral in Vancouver. You'll approach the ship mid, and get directed forward or aft depending on your cabin location. They use the forward/aft elevators in managed mode to get people to their cabin, and then keep the mid elevators available for general exploration once people are settled in.

Honestly, you'll have endless assistance all day long on that first day. If you simply tell them where you're headed (and you can say "Baja 223" or whatever; they can translate that just fine). There are usually maps of the current deck along with a ship overview on either side of the elevator landings (i.e. the doorway to the hallway, on the "inside").

Just remember that all of the lounges are on 7/Promenade (remember that they're congregation areas for muster drill and the rare emergency). Dining rooms are on 5 and 6, and the buffet is 14/forward (a great place to hang out while underway!).

Thank you!!! Just that piece of info helps me get my bearings. Travelling with my elderly mom (and translating into portuguese) if I have a heads up on info I find it will calm her down. It's her first cruise my 4th but first Princess. My sis is the type that says we will follow you. I figure there may be alot of people all doing the same (asking the crew) so if I at least veer off towards the aft it will help. 12 days!

Edited by Lulubelle45

Thank you!!! Just that piece of info helps me get my bearings. Travelling with my elderly mom (and translating into portuguese) if I have a heads up on info I find it will calm her down. It's her first cruise my 4th but first Princess. My sis is the type that says we will follow you. I figure there may be alot of people all doing the same (asking the crew) so if I at least veer off towards the aft it will help. 12 days!

Welcome to Princess and a big welcome to your mother and cruising. Don't worry, you certainly won't be the only person asking a crew member for assistance.

By the way, on most Princess ships the port/starboard corridor carpets in the cabin areas are color-coded, with blue on one side and orange on the other. Helps when you get off an elevator to know which side your cabin is on. There are signs pointing to forward/aft.

By the way, on most Princess ships the port/starboard corridor carpets in the cabin areas are color-coded, with blue on one side and orange on the other. Helps when you get off an elevator to know which side your cabin is on. There are signs pointing to forward/aft.

Seems that they now use whatever carpet they have available when changing it out. The last 3 cruises did not have this feature. :(

Welcome to Princess and a big welcome to your mother and cruising. Don't worry, you certainly won't be the only person asking a crew member for assistance.

I certainly will be! I have a shocking sense of direction-it's a family joke that the only place I can find reliably is the Disabled WC! Equally, they usually come to me if they need bandages or tissues, I've always got those tucked in my bag!

Crochetcruise :cool:

That's an interesting hint. I'll be sure to check it out. My first cruise I constantly walked all the way down a corridor only to end up on the wrong end of the ship. A pain on the NCL Pearl. That was one long distance to mess up on. No wonder I maintained my weight!

• 3 weeks later...

I really wouldn't worry. Whenever we've boarded a Princess ship, a crew member has been right there, and will ask to see our cabin card. He or she will point to an available elevator, tell us which deck to get off (but the elevator will always announce it) and which way to go. Has never been a problem for us. And when you get off the elevator, there will be many crew members looking out for any "lost" passengers.

By each bank of elevators, there is also a plaque that will give "landmarks" as well as a "you are here" dot to help you find locations.

Also, something I read on here but cannot remember the source-Even numbered staterooms are on the Port side and Odd numbers Staterooms are on the Starboard side, which does correspond with where my Window Suite is located for the future cruise on November 11, 2016. HTH.

Crochetcruise :cool: