any news on explorer?

Sorry to mix up questions on forums but....I have been reading some very negative reviews following the refit on Explorer and whilst I usually take with a giant pinch of salt would be interested to hear your views on the comments. Specifically on seating in the bars / public areas? Still looking forward to it (29 June sailing) but a little concerned nevertheless...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

Any info on the Diamond Lounge would be appreciated too. Where is it located, has it been enlarged, etc.

Thanks!

NJ :)

Hi,

Any info on the Diamond Lounge would be appreciated too. Where is it located, has it been enlarged, etc.

Thanks!

NJ :)

The DL is in the Viking Crown area on deck 14, where the 19th Hole bar used to be. Since it did not exist before the dry dock, it can't have been enlarged.

All I can say is.... we had a fwd cabin on Ex on deck 6 last week.

The front of the ship was bouncing up and down like a kid on a trampoline in all but the calmest of seas.

We were on Ex in a fwd cabin on deck six just prior to dry dock and even in strong winds and swell we didn't notice the bouncing nearly half as much.

Surely all that added weight above the bridge on deck 12 isn't the cause?

No, of course not.

And the stabilisers have no effect to counteract pitching of the bow.

Edited by icsys

All I can say is.... we had a fwd cabin on Ex on deck 6 last week.

The front of the ship was bouncing up and down like a kid on a trampoline in all but the calmest of seas.

We were on Ex in a fwd cabin on deck six just prior to dry dock and even in strong winds and swell we didn't notice the bouncing nearly half as much.

Surely all that added weight above the bridge on deck 12 isn't the cause?

No, of course not.

They balanced out the deck 12 staterooms forward by adding Izumi on deck 14 aft.;)

The DL is in the Viking Crown area on deck 14, where the 19th Hole bar used to be. Since it did not exist before the dry dock, it can't have been enlarged.

We were last on Explorer in 2007 and they had a large glass case in the 19th hole which consisted of balls landing on wood to make a musical instrument, did that stay there and does anyone know if it survived the refit? Thanks :-)

We were last on Explorer in 2007 and they had a large glass case in the 19th hole which consisted of balls landing on wood to make a musical instrument, did that stay there and does anyone know if it survived the refit? Thanks :-)

Yep it's still there. Just outside the adventure ocean area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Daveyp1471