Help with Yacht Club

IluvZ

Hi all,

We are very interested in booking a yacht club cabin for next April. Preferably a atlantic crossing or longer 15-20 cruise. The MSC website is completely unhelpful in identifying ships that are available with Yacht Club space. My current cruise TA isn't knowledgable in MSC, so she hasn't been great help in identifying our options. Is there any location that can show me the YC options for April? Or does anyone have a recommendation?

We have been in suites on NCL, Disney, and upcoming on HAL and we love the concept of the YC. We will be traveling with an 11-year-old.

Hi all,

We are very interested in booking a yacht club cabin for next April. Preferably a atlantic crossing or longer 15-20 cruise. The MSC website is completely unhelpful in identifying ships that are available with Yacht Club space. My current cruise TA isn't knowledgable in MSC, so she hasn't been great help in identifying our options. Is there any location that can show me the YC options for April? Or does anyone have a recommendation?

We have been in suites on NCL, Disney, and upcoming on HAL and we love the concept of the YC. We will be traveling with an 11-year-old.

Based on your location,,I would have to imagine you would like to sail a TA onboard MSC Divina. Here is a link to the ship as well as info about the Yacht Club and such. If you have any questions regarding stateroom types or location, or any other questions,,,myself as well as others have sailed in the Yacht Club so we could answer most,,if not all of your questions.

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Ships/MSC-Divina.aspx

Based on your location,,I would have to imagine you would like to sail a TA onboard MSC Divina. Here is a link to the ship as well as info about the Yacht Club and such. If you have any questions regarding stateroom types or location, or any other questions,,,myself as well as others have sailed in the Yacht Club so we could answer most,,if not all of your questions.

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Ships/MSC-Divina.aspx

Hi Mikesa"

We looked at Divinia for this year TA and liked it a lot but the timing didn't work. However, when I look at the MSC link you provided (and on MSC's website), they aren't showing anything but the Carribean sailings. Are they doing a TA in 2016? Do you know of another source to see the information?

Hi Mikesa"

We looked at Divinia for this year TA and liked it a lot but the timing didn't work. However, when I look at the MSC link you provided (and on MSC's website), they aren't showing anything but the Carribean sailings. Are they doing a TA in 2016? Do you know of another source to see the information?

Correct!!! The Trans-Atlantic sailing isn't listed on MSC's website yet, but if you were to contact MSC directly or any TA who is an MSC Partner,,they will be able to see that sailing. I had asked my TA about it, and he was able to pull it up on his MSC booking site so it does exist.

Edited by Mikesa1721

If you go to the link I provide

and

1) press Departures tab (near the top left ; on the blue banner)

2) then select "MSC Grand voyages " under "destination"

3) then select "Yacht Club" under "Cabin Catagory"

you will get 5 intineraries that do Yacht Club Grand voyage cruises.

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Cruise-Departures/Find-Your-Cruise.aspx

There is a TA deptarting 26 Apr 2015; not sure if there are any YC cabins left

Pete

PS the only ships with a YC are Fantasia; Splendida; Divina; Preziosa

Edited by Skier52

The only YC cruise in April 2016 of any length i can find, from a quick look, is Splendida Dept 24 April from Southampton UK for 13 days / 12 nights around Britain

Pete

Ps just found Divina Apr 2 for 14 nights out of miami

Edited by Skier52

The only YC cruise in April 2016 of any length i can find, from a quick look, is Splendida Dept 24 April from Southampton UK for 13 days / 12 nights around Britain

Pete

Ps just found Divina Apr 2 for 14 nights out of miami

I think that's what the OP was looking for Pete,,,2016 Grand Voyage from Miami. My TA was able to pull it up,but I'm not sure why it doesn't show on the U.S. website.

We booked the April 2016 crossing (Miami to Genoa) in February 2015 after an e-mail promotion from a Florida based travel agent. It hasn't appeared on any MSC website that I can see and was only on a few travel agent sites. MSC Australia could tell me nothing about it (although that is not unusual :rolleyes:)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2104439

Looks like the YC is sold out already!!

We just came back from 21 days in YC on board the MSC Preziosa, we were told by the YC staff that the whole of the ship, including YC was fully booked and I believe it looking at the crowds on the pool decks.

Even so the Yacht Club areas were not crowded even on sea days, there were plenty of sun loungers available in the One Pool area and the Top Sail Lounge was more or less empty by 11pm every night (stays open till 2am thankfully).

I think that's what the OP was looking for Pete,,,2016 Grand Voyage from Miami. My TA was able to pull it up,but I'm not sure why it doesn't show on the U.S. website.

Yes, that is the exact cruise that I was looking for. My TA doesn't book much (if any) MSC so she hasn't been a big help. Any suggestions of where to look for this on the US side.

Yes, that is the exact cruise that I was looking for. My TA doesn't book much (if any) MSC so she hasn't been a big help. Any suggestions of where to look for this on the US side.

I have my TA on speed dial,,,Facebook actually,,,let me see if he can link me to that itinerary for you.

Well, courtesy of Mike...I'm here! I'm a TA and I can see that sailing, itinerary and pricing but it's not showing for sale yet. I'll try to upload the itinerary here. Let's see if you can read this.

Chip to the rescue!!!

You guys are great. This is perfect for our timing.

Chip - thanks for the help. Any hints on your real identity?

Just call me "Super Chip", I wear dark glasses and a suit by day, cape by night. :-)

I think it's ok to post my personal FB page here and from there you can friend me and also spot where I work at. ;-) facebook.com/jchipgcs

Edited by jchipgcs

This cruise is listed on MSC's German website: http://www.msc-kreuzfahrten.de/de_de/Kreuzfahrten/Kreuzfahrt-Route-MSC-Divina-Preise.aspx?cruise_id=DI20160423MIAGOA&ship_code=DI

The US website is WAY behind in posting itineraries. They have some listed for April 2016, two for May, and nothing at all beyond that. I'm looking for summer 2016...the cruises I'm considering have been on the German and UK websites for months, but still waiting on MSC USA. :mad: I'm about ready to book with a different cruise line.

But, to the original poster, I hope you give MSC a try! We've really enjoyed our cruises with them, and I hear the Yacht Club is just fabulous. :)

This cruise is listed on MSC's German website: http://www.msc-kreuzfahrten.de/de_de/Kreuzfahrten/Kreuzfahrt-Route-MSC-Divina-Preise.aspx?cruise_id=DI20160423MIAGOA&ship_code=DI

The US website is WAY behind in posting itineraries. They have some listed for April 2016, two for May, and nothing at all beyond that. I'm looking for summer 2016...the cruises I'm considering have been on the German and UK websites for months, but still waiting on MSC USA. :mad: I'm about ready to book with a different cruise line.

But, to the original poster, I hope you give MSC a try! We've really enjoyed our cruises with them, and I hear the Yacht Club is just fabulous. :)

I attempted reading the German version but in my limited german wasn't any help. I know please, thank you, my goldfish is dead, and the drinking song.

I attempted reading the German version but in my limited german wasn't any help. I know please, thank you, my goldfish is dead, and the drinking song.

It sounds like you have the basics. :)

I use Google Chrome and the little "translate" button.

poor fishy.

:Dlol -- but you've got me puzzled .... :confused:which drinking song?

Lol -- also proud to hear the German site is the fastest one:cool: .... Yeeehaaa!!!!

Stef

With the breaking news today that MSC Divina will stay put for year round sailing in Miami when she returns from Europe this fall, the previously planned April Trans-Atlantic won't be happening.

Dang. These dates worked well. I have other ideas though, now that I've learned about all those secrete MSC sites.

And the drinking song is Eins, zwei, Drei g'suffa!

Where did you find out that the Divina is staying in Miami for the summer? Haven't seen any press releases regarding that today...

Just announced today at the Cruise3Sixty conference. Here's Ken Muskat, EVP Sales for MSC's tweet about it.

With the breaking news today that MSC Divina will stay put for year round sailing in Miami when she returns from Europe this fall, the previously planned April Trans-Atlantic won't be happening.

I'll have to contact my TA regarding this as we have already put a deposit down on this cruise ...:eek: