7 mile beach question

Riley's Mom

Is Tiki Beach and Royal Palms close to each other?

I looked at the Tiki Beach website but it didn't say anything about

chair rental or entrance fee?

Is there bar service to the beach at Tiki?

Thank you.

I'm having the worst time this cruise trying to decide where to go.

Me and my 2 daughters want to relax in a beach chair on a beautiful stretch of beach with clear water and drink cocktails. With beach chairs

and umbrellas for shade.

Don't really care about a party atmosphere.

Tiki Beach or Royal Palms? Or somewhere else you can suggest.

I really appreciate your input.

Hopefully, this link from Google maps works as expected:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tiki+Beach,+West+Bay,+Cayman+Islands/Royal+Palms+Beach+Club,+537+West+Bay+Road,+KY1-1202,+Cayman+Islands/@19.336947,-81.3859917,15z/data=!4m15!4m14!1m5!1m1!1s0x8f258777f171f74d:0xdb173a2d62fd133e!2m2!1d-81.384821!2d19.352151!1m5!1m1!1s0x8f2587a9f675394d:0x9469428507c666ee!2m2!1d-81.3822!2d19.3215!3e2!4e1

In a nutshell, they are 2.5 miles from each other.

Next ... let me be preface this my saying that I have never been to either one of them but I did a LOT of research before my last cruise on 7 mile beach. In the end I did an excursion and did not go to any of them.

Here is my opinions based only on research:

Short answer:

Based on what you are saying, you may want to go to Royal Palms.

Longer answer:

Calico Jacks is a bar near Public Beach/Governor's Beach and tends to have a livelier crowd. The beach at end is not very deep and has more kids. Tiki Beach is used a lot by cruise ship excursions and tends to be crowded as well. However, this can depend on what ships are in port. I e-mailed Royal Palms several times and they never replied so they could never get my business but a good bit of their claims are accurate (closest to dock, etc.). However, they show a lot of empty beach photos and it can get crowded there too. Although, I won't go there I would still say it is a good place. Calico Jacks bar/food are cheaper and Tiki and Royal will be the most expensive. However, everything is Cayman is pretty pricey compared to some other ports. Royal charges $2 to use their facilities which doesn't seem unreasonable but it bothers some people. None of the places can charge you to go on the beach because that is all public. However, many will charge for chairs, umbrellas, bathrooms, etc. With what you stated, I would choose Royal Palms.

Edited by NightOne

Both charge for chairs, umbrellas, etc. Both have good facilities. Royal Palms has an adults-only pool, Tiki doesn't. Tiki often has cruise ship excursions, Royal Palms usually doesn't but charges a $2 admission fee.

How old are your daughters? If under 18, you may want to head to Tiki Beach to avoid drama at Royal Palms over there being a pool and them not being allowed in it. If you don't think that'll be an issue, there's really not that much difference between the two spots. (If they're young and active, you may actually want to go with Public Beach/Calico Jack's since there's a playground there.)

Carla and bookbabe, Thank you so much for your replies.

It seems like Royal Palms will be the place.

Do either of you know how much they charge for chairs, umbrellas?

Is Royal Palms a hotel? Do we enter thru the lobby of Royal Palms?

Thank you.

Carla and bookbabe' date=' Thank you so much for your replies.

It seems like Royal Palms will be the place.

Do either of you know how much they charge for chairs, umbrellas?

Is Royal Palms a hotel? Do we enter thru the lobby of Royal Palms?

Thank you.[/quote']

Not a hotel. Just a beach club. All the taxi drivers are supposed to know where it is at. Yes, there is a charge for chairs and umbrellas.

Prices and details here:

https://royalpalmscayman.com/cruise-ship-visitors

Carl-Your amazing!

Thank you so much for all the info.

Do you know anything about Montego Bay resorts? Lol

I am having trouble deciding between Rose Hall resort and Secrets Wild Orchid day passes.

Carl-Your amazing!

I am having trouble deciding between Rose Hall resort and Secrets Wild Orchid day passes.

My first stop in Montego Bay is in April 2017 and I will probably use Javia Shaw of knowjamaica.com again and go out touring. So I am still researching MoBay activities.

However, I do know that Hilton Rose Hall is very popular from both Falmouth and Montego Bay. A lot of people from cruise ships go there. People we knew from our last cruise went there and liked it. (I went to Blue Hole, DRF, and more with Javia) I personally have not read anything about Secrets Wild Orchid.

Also, Doctor's Cave Beach Club is very popular from Montego Bay but that is not an all-inclusive resort.

Go over to the Jamaica section here on cruise critic as there is a lot of good info there. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Taking a taxi is the easiest and best way to go to and enjoy 7 mile beach. The beach is free and you can go and choose anywhere to have yourself a great time, not something that has already been pre-determined for you.

Carl-Your amazing!

I don't know about Rose Hall but the wife & I loved Secrets.

Secrets was a short taxi ride from the pier and we showed our cruise S&S cards when we arrived to receive half off the day pass (no reservation needed)

there was a carnival excursion that was only 4 hours and cost almost double :eek:

We plan on going back when we vist next month :D

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your comments. I am not looking for a cheap way to do GC. I would like a uncrowded beach with facilities such as umbrellas, lounge chairs a bar, food etc. with a day pass, any suggestions. I would take a taxi rather than a bus.:):)

I'm not sure what expectations you have, but in actual fact the taxis and the buses in Grand Caymans are almost identical. They're both simply minivans so if you were expecting some luxury limousine you're going to be disappointed or perhaps you simply desire to pay more in which case feel free.