American menu on the Magic?

Riley's Mom

• 3 weeks later...

What is the "American Feast" and how does it differ from the "American Table" menus?

The American Feast looks pretty good. The American Table, not so much.

I didn't even understand the American Table menu. Under appetizers they have a sub category "For the Table". Are they truly an appetizer for the table to be shared, or is that just the name they use for the standard appetizers they have every day? And the "Rare Finds", are they appetizers as well? Most of them look to be, but some, like the braised rabbit, sound more like a main dish.

And what's with the Port of Call separate section? So to see all the appetizers, you have to look under "Appetizers", "For the Table", "Rare Finds", and "Port of Call"? Four places for appetizers? That seems excessive.

• 4 weeks later...
What is the "American Feast" and how does it differ from the "American Table" menus?

The American Feast looks pretty good. The American Table, not so much.

I didn't even understand the American Table menu. Under appetizers they have a sub category "For the Table". Are they truly an appetizer for the table to be shared, or is that just the name they use for the standard appetizers they have every day? And the "Rare Finds", are they appetizers as well? Most of them look to be, but some, like the braised rabbit, sound more like a main dish.

And what's with the Port of Call separate section? So to see all the appetizers, you have to look under "Appetizers", "For the Table", "Rare Finds", and "Port of Call"? Four places for appetizers? That seems excessive.

We took a short cruise on the Imagination in May and there were no "For the Table" appetizers anymore. I saw those reported when AT first came out and on Zydeco, but maybe they've stopped doing that because of bad reviews. Of course, we had a table for 2 so maybe the small amount they brought was "for two," but I don't think so. It was served to us individually, not set in the center of the table as you'd expect "for the table" to be served. It also wasn't listed on the menu as a "for the table" option.

Got off the magic yesterday. It had been reported that they'd begin the new menus on our sailing (5/31). Nope.

I asked our waiter about it. Told him I'd read it was suppose to be this sailing and he said, "oh no, February". He lifted the table cloth and showed me that they'd changed the tables for it and shrugged and said, "but then they changed their minds".

I'm not sure the February was accurate, but he didn't act as if they'd been prepared for the roll out at all.

• 4 weeks later...

The Maitre'd on Triumph said he is going to Magic in August to implement American Table. We were on Freedom in May and it was terrible, we had cold food half the time and lousy

service. It will also be on Triumph in August when the Maitre'ds change over and Elvis comes

back to Triumph from vacation (both of them are great Maitre'ds).