Semi-Live 8 Day Quantum Sailing 4-24 to Bahamas

In your cabin do you have one or two closets? Are you in an adjoining cabin?

I am more interest in where the bed is located and how many closets there are in a D1 cabin.

I think the cabin next to you is a D1 (11690) any chance you can ask the stateroom attendant if it has 1 or 2 closests and I am curious if the bed is by the balcony or the door.

Thanks!

I will ask him, we are connected to 11686, we have two closets. If you look on pg 3 or so I took pics of all storage in our cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by seadog67

Well, like all good things, this trip is coming to an end. Had a light meal in the windjammer, and now time to pack the cases.

Picked up our one photo from our first trip to Cococay. This will end our live reporting and I will try and provide some thoughts good and not so good once home and settled back in:

Thanks for following along and may you always have following seas:

Seadog67 over and out..

322fa89b553e83d30b015d4cccbddc32.jpg

Edited by seadog67

https://vimeo.com/126612023

Heading home...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/qu

Hi Dog

I will miss you, I hope you & your wife had as great timethis week. I did with all your semi-live feeds, you should or may you do this for a living. I could not wait to come home from work to see your post for the last 8 days. What the heck will I do now???? Enjoy your last night and safe travel home. P.S. Dont forget Roulette lucky #13

Hey Toot! Thanks we appreciate it! Like I said we need some south florida support for roulette! It was unkind to us this week ;)

Hope everyone are doing well and see you guys soon!

Oh no, the "last night blues". The worst is seeing the luggage in the hallway. Loved having your review to check out every day. Hope the seas aren't too rough for you. And thanks for the picture of the 2 of you. Always nice to put a face to a name.

Safe travels home.

Celeste

Oh no, the "last night blues". The worst is seeing the luggage in the hallway. Loved having your review to check out every day. Hope the seas aren't too rough for you. And thanks for the picture of the 2 of you. Always nice to put a face to a name.

Safe travels home.

Celeste

Thanks Celeste! The luggage is out :(

Happy cruising!

Well, like all good things, this trip is coming to an end. Had a light meal in the windjammer, and now time to pack the cases.

Picked up our one photo from our first trip to Cococay. This will end our live reporting and I will try and provide some thoughts good and not so good once home and settled back in:

Thanks for following along and may you always have following seas:

Seadog67 over and out..

Thank you for taking us along on your cruise. I really enjoyed reading the daily posts

Thanks for the photo..

your wife & you are two beautiful people.

Thank you for taking us along on your cruise. I really enjoyed reading the daily posts

Thanks for the review and photos, looking forward to following along on your next cruise.

Thank you for your live review, I enjoyed following along.

Thanks everyone! We have come full circle, passing under the Verrazano Bridge now:

37e700228645205aa381fae4648034b6.jpg

e2f1750e4ce26763e89c9b2fca008800.jpg

2e40a798bf5b5dafbff2c4c0f8bc8273.jpg

Hey seadog.....great reviews. Now that you're back, I'm wondering if you might offer some advice. Since you're from Jersey, I assume you drove to/from port. We're from Upstate New York and will be driving down next spring for a sailing on Anthem. Do you have any comments/suggestions/hints about getting into and out of Cape Liberty? How difficult is it dropping off luggage, leaving the port, etc.?

Hey seadog.....great reviews. Now that you're back, I'm wondering if you might offer some advice. Since you're from Jersey, I assume you drove to/from port. We're from Upstate New York and will be driving down next spring for a sailing on Anthem. Do you have any comments/suggestions/hints about getting into and out of Cape Liberty? How difficult is it dropping off luggage, leaving the port, etc.?

Thanks kroozaholic!

Getting to the port is relatively easy. I come from the south but I assume coning from north down 95 you would take exit 14 a like we did and head across I beleive it is 78. From 95 to the port was no more than 15 mins tops with traffic.

The terminal and parking are much improved since the new terminal open and depending on when you arrive the line of cars in to drop off could be quick around 9:30 when we arrived with lots of debarking passengers still milling around or quite a long line if you arrive somewhat later after nooonish as we observed of the line of cars coming in from our balcony around 1:30 which you can see in one of the early pics in the thread.

Checkin was a breeze and our seating area was 11:30 or so and were allowed on the ship by 11am so that was a win, not sure if every week is as early for boarding.

Hope you have a great trip either way!! Thanks for following along.

What a great review! I was on this cruise as well and it was wonderful coming home to relive the cruise via your pictures and comments! We loved the Quantum and plan on sailing on Anthem.

Thats wonderful newsbuff! It was a great time and a beautiful ship! I am still amazed at the wifi quality and the leap it has taken.

Also the bumper cars were so much fun, I had forgotten how much fun as it has been years since I was on one.

Glad you had a blast as well!

Thanks kroozaholic!

Getting to the port is relatively easy. I come from the south but I assume coning from north down 95 you would take exit 14 a like we did and head across I beleive it is 78. From 95 to the port was no more than 15 mins tops with traffic.

The terminal and parking are much improved since the new terminal open and depending on when you arrive the line of cars in to drop off could be quick around 9:30 when we arrived with lots of debarking passengers still milling around or quite a long line if you arrive somewhat later after nooonish as we observed of the line of cars coming in from our balcony around 1:30 which you can see in one of the early pics in the thread.

Checkin was a breeze and our seating area was 11:30 or so and were allowed on the ship by 11am so that was a win, not sure if every week is as early for boarding.

Hope you have a great trip either way!! Thanks for following along.

Thank you seadog......appreciate it.

One more question if you don't mind. Upon disembarkation - is it a long haul to carry the luggage back to the parking lot, and how long did it take to get out of the parking lot and on to the highway? (Guess that's 2 questions)

Thank you seadog......appreciate it.

One more question if you don't mind. Upon disembarkation - is it a long haul to carry the luggage back to the parking lot, and how long did it take to get out of the parking lot and on to the highway? (Guess that's 2 questions)

They offer shelf disembarkation where you take all your luggage off the ship yourself though the terminal and out to the car. We did traditional and they took our luggage the night before and we picked it up at the terminal.

From the terminal it is 100 feet or so to immigration the from the exit of the terminal to the nearest lot is maybe 150 yards or so, depending on where you park in the lot.

You can wait outside the terminal and have one get your car and come around and load it up outside the terminal, but it was really crowded there so we just drug our luggage over to the lot.

From binging out of the ship at 750 am we were in my car by 8:10so all told to collect our luggage, do immigration and get to the car and leave took less than 20 mins.

From the lot to 78 i think is the road it took 5 - 10 mins at tops there is on or two lights.

You can see the lot and terminal entrance in this pic

df7c97688656e4457a468cd898109396.jpg

Edited by seadog67

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...