Brand new to Cruising!

Hi Everyone!! Brand new to cruising, always resisted but finally gave in, going on Norwegan Breakaway in August- Tell me all I need to know please! Traveling with my daughter & 9 yr old Grandson- How small are the rooms really? no sq foot - give me actual ft x ft - and I understand that I can bring wine on the boat, but they charge a uncorking fee? even if I open it myself?? LOL - Is that only if I bring to dining room? because it seems not worth it if I must pay that on every bottle anyway! & is there a limit as to how many bottles we can bring on?

Please tell me any info. that I need to know!

Go to top of page and click on "reviews" in the CC banner, then click on cabin reviews, then put in ship name, there you will find cabin categories, look for the ones that interest you. You will also find reviews attached to most categories. Also fyi it's not a boat it's a ship.

Yes you can bring your own bottles of wine only and pay the $15 corkage per bottle whether you drink in room or not, also no box wine allowed, but as many bottles as you want.

Edited by Ilovesailing

$15/bottle of wine, no matter who uncorks it or where you drink it.

Tips: luggage is collected the last night on the ship by midnight. Kep an overnight bag for last night stuff.

You need a credit card size card to put in slot to turn on lights, You can use your room key, but electrlcity turns off when removed.

Go to main dining room for lunch when you board. Nice relaxing way to start the cruise, and its weird to get up and not pay a check

To me, the corkage fee is not a deal breaker. If you have wines at home that are a favorite or less expensive, it still winds up being cheaper than some of prices on-board. If you do not finish a bottle at dinner, they will label it and store it for later use. they do not limit the number. Last cruise I saw a guy with a suitcase full.

As to the cabin size, what cabin are you booked in?

Edited by Va. Plumber

Check the first time cruisers forum on this site too. Should have a lot of valuable info there. There is also a wine package available onboard the first couple of days available in 4, 6 or 8 bottles with 3 different tiers. Back in November of BA 4 bottles of wine from tier 1 was $88. I believe that because these were purchased from NCL they would have corkage stickers on them already. There was a good assortment of wines in tier I. This I believe to be a more affordable alternative to spending $15 on a bottle, only to pay another $15 onboard.

Edited by vince_g