What got you hooked on cruising?

wobblybob74

What got you hooked on cruising?

I'm not sure I can identify one single thing. I just adore the feeling of stepping on board a ship at the start of a fortnight's cruise, knowing that you have two weeks of utter relaxation, first class food, great service, fabulous entertainment and (mostly) new ports of call to look forward to.

As soon as I step on board, I can feel my stresses fade away and standing on deck with a G&T in my hand, watching Blighty slip away is a feeling of complete bliss.

• 2 weeks later...

It was ferries that did it for us! Sometimes the best part of our holiday was getting on board, finding the tiny cabin, then going on deck for the sailaway. It didn't matter if it was one night, or the 2 nights to Sweden, I loved travelling this way. Finally, we did the crossing from Harwich to Hamburg, when we sat on deck for hours as we sailed up the Elbe....and that's when we realised that a cruise would mean more hours of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Our first cruise was on Thomson Spirit and for the first 2 hours I felt distinctly uncomfortable. Being surrounded by so many people I didn't know was unnerving. However, I got over it and we are now obsessed!